Retro Look?

Started by Carnut, January 11, 2007, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Anyone see any simliarity?

WZ JUNK

There they go stealing from Studebaker again.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Did you know that Studebaker was the distributor for Mercedes in the USA during the 50's?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Quote from: "enjenjo"Did you know that Studebaker was the distributor for Mercedes in the USA during the 50's?

Ah, yes, I'm just as old as you are.

Hurt me terribly to see Studebaker absorb Packard, the first garage I worked for was run by an ex Packard dealership shop manager.

Flipper

What kinda stuff are you smoking to "see" that?

Carnut

Quote from: "Flipper"What kinda stuff are you smoking to "see" that?

Dunno, guess I just have retro on the brain, I do drive a PT Cruiser ya know.

enjenjo

I see it. Actually the stealing has been going on for a long time, the Hawk looked like it did in 57 because of Mercedes
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Good eye nut!

I'd bet if you talked to the designer though he'd point out the hood bulge and the grille bars and claim he was incorporating the "soul" of an F1 car.
Okay fine!
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

GPster

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Good eye nut!I'd bet if you talked to the designer though he'd point out the hood bulge and the grille bars and claim he was incorporating the "soul" of an F1 car.Okay fine!
I think if you talked to the designer of the Studebaker nose he would tell you that that is the way he wanted to go with the bullet on the '49 - '50 Fords and they wouldn't let him. GPster

Carnut

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Uncle Bob"Good eye nut!I'd bet if you talked to the designer though he'd point out the hood bulge and the grille bars and claim he was incorporating the "soul" of an F1 car.Okay fine!
I think if you talked to the designer of the Studebaker nose he would tell you that that is the way he wanted to go with the bullet on the '49 - '50 Fords and they wouldn't let him. GPster

Oh, I thought both the Ford Designer and the Stude Designer were coping the 48 Tucker.

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"Oh, I thought both the Ford Designer and the Stude Designer were coping the 48 Tucker.
If I remeber my facts correctly from when I was in the Studebaker Drivin Club The Ford designer and the Studebaker designer was the same person. He went from Ford to Loweywho was doing Studebaker before '53. GPster

Leon

They both have 4 wheels? :lol:

Carps

Quote from: "Carnut"Anyone see any simliarity?

All I see is a great looking car and another that's butt ugly!    :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carnut

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "Carnut"Anyone see any simliarity?

All I see is a great looking car and another that's butt ugly!    :wink:

Yeah, I know, that Merc is butt ugly.

Crosley.In.AZ

that Benz has a real odd set of windshield wipers on it.

:lol:

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)