Awwwwwww Geeze this sucks!

Started by Dave, January 08, 2007, 06:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I just spoke on the phone with the guy who invited me to autorama for the 75th aniversary 32 ford display with 32 1932 fords. I had to bail out because I just cant seem to find an enclosed trailer to get the car there. Ya I know drive it :!:  Well that would be cool and I can get an open trailer but the waether is so iffy here in march that i dont want to take the chance and being my car looks as nice underneath as on top i sure dont need any salt on it . :!:
So the bottom line was im a no.. He did tell me if something should change in 1 to 3 weeks please give him a call. He may still be able to get me in. Im proud that he really wants my car but.  Man im bummin, I just cant find a enclosed trailer ride :cry:
Oh well I got street scene street rodder and the good guys mags all today.. Im going and look at pictures.
Dave

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"I just spoke on the phone with the guy who invited me to autorama for the 75th aniversary 32 ford display with 32 1932 fords. I had to bail out because I just cant seem to find an enclosed trailer to get the car there. Ya I know drive it :!:  Well that would be cool and I can get an open trailer but the waether is so iffy here in march that i dont want to take the chance and being my car looks as nice underneath as on top i sure dont need any salt on it . :!:
So the bottom line was im a no.. He did tell me if something should change in 1 to 3 weeks please give him a call. He may still be able to get me in. Im proud that he really wants my car but.  Man im bummin, I just cant find a enclosed trailer ride :cry:
Oh well I got street scene street rodder and the good guys mags all today.. Im going and look at pictures.
Dave

On behalf of the HAMB board I have only three words for you....

YOUR A PUSS.

ARRRGGGG set sail !!   :P
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

purplepickup

Quote from: "jusjunk"I can get an open trailer but the waether is so iffy here in march that i dont want to take the chance ..... i sure dont need any salt on it . :!:
Dave
That fiberglass won't rust :wink:
George

moparrodder

Dave, it sure does suck. This may be a long shot but do you have any dirt track racers close that you know that have an enclosed trailer that would be willing to take your coupe for the show, or are they racing that time of the year?  Just a thought.  It sure would be nice to see a pic of your coupe in a mag as I'm sure there will be some of the special 32 section.  Hope ya find something in time.

Bill

msuguydon

Okay, serious, this gold chainer is gonna try and help, I have drag racing buddies in Michigan.. they got trailers,,,, man do they have trailers.. lets see if I can help.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat rat

YOUR A PUSS.

CAN I SECOND THAT???? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That fiberglass won't rust

Right, but he doesn't want to get it DIRTY :roll:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carnut

Dirty? Humm, would you all believe I haven't washed my 40 Ford Tudor Sedan for at least 2 yrs now? And I have been driving it regularly, just got back from a burger run in it before posting here.

HotRodLadyCrusr

So ya have to scrub alittle to get some road dirt off it when you get there.  :shock:    You act like your going to be driving it on the Salt Flats of B'ville. :roll:

You do realize your "friends" here will not let you live this down AND you will be kicked off the HAMB for your above statements. :wink:

Reconsider cuz really there is only one 75th Autorama bash of the '32.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Nick32Vic

Hey, we are kinda having the same problem. We are bringing a show car roadster to autorama that has probably never even seen rain let alone snow and salt. My dads van cant pull an enclosed trailer so we have to pull it on our open trailer.

Last year my car got trashed from the salt. So much stuff on my car rusted it was ridiculous. The body is glass but I didnt realize there was that much metal on the car till i saw the rust.

Our plan is to put some osb wood down on the trailer so salt doesnt come from underneath and we are gonna wrap it real good with a weatherproof car cover. I guess its not as good as an enclosed trailer but it will have to do.

You should reconsider. Its pretty cool having your car in Autorama and being there all weekend.

Deuce

:D

Just step up and buy one ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Hallmark-20-Enclosed-Trailer_W0QQitemZ120071808816QQihZ002QQcategoryZ80769QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lots of older but servicable trailers on eBay ... and around. I bought a new Pace Shadow in 1995 ... for my Fireworks business ... and it comes in handy for storage, hauling, moving your folks ... lots of uses ...

:-o
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

purplepickup

You could use my enclosed trailer Dave 8)
....but I don't want to take it out in the salt :lol:
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

OR, if you had a friend..... say up in the northern part of the lower portion of Michigan.......  maybe over on the big lake...... that just might have a trailer that you could borrow.......... :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"You could use my enclosed trailer Dave 8)
....but I don't want to take it out in the salt :lol:

I like that offer. :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

SKR8PN

Dave......ya just MIGHT have friend in OHIO that has an EMPTY, 24ft enclosed trailer,AND a truck to pull it..................for say maybe an ticket or two into the show...... :shock:  :-o
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I just spoke on the phone with the guy who invited me to autorama for the 75th aniversary 32 ford display with 32 1932 fords. I had to bail out because I just cant seem to find an enclosed trailer to get the car there. Ya I know drive it :!:  Well that would be cool and I can get an open trailer but the waether is so iffy here in march that i dont want to take the chance and being my car looks as nice underneath as on top i sure dont need any salt on it . :!:
Dave

On behalf of the HAMB board I have only three words for you....

YOUR A PUSS.

ARRRGGGG set sail !!   :P

Actually the correct  phrase about Dave would be :

" You're a PUSS"

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)