Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Oh, yeah, I forgot. I sold the Chevy COE, delivered it yesterday to another RRT member. I hated to see it go, it was in nice shape, but I wasn't getting any thing done on it, so it needed a new home. I still have to deliver the P30 chassis that goes with it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

I'm going to be doing wiring on my T and then putting the final touches on Don's frame because his body is supposed to come back from the paint shop on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Lots to do between now and then.

Don

35WINDOW

I'm still working on the Body Work (but I'm getting there)-finished the Top Chop and Fill, Power Windows and put in power locking Bear Claw latches while using the Factory Handles-

Now trying to get it back into Epoxy Primer-

kb426

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm still building exhaust pipes. I should get done saturday and then move on to wiring and efi stuff. Saturday is supposed to be warm but sunday may be cold.
TEAM SMART

chopped

I got everything for my interior. Did the front doors and headliner then took a five year coffee break. I've been on it all week and should finish tomorrow.

donsrods

I finally got some time to work on my own T instead of my Son's.  Installed my gauges and got everything under the dash wired up, then started intalling the rest of the switches and components under the seat.  Might be able to take a short spin around the block this weekend if all goes well .  :D  :D

Don

Dave

Hmm ist sunday...... I kicked * yesterday and got a lot done. Im fitting the doors. Had to add some glass to one door and take some off the other !  I also filled the back rail behind the seat where i removed the wood that was there.  Im gonna try and finish the passenger door today (just a little work there) and the top rail then I have the trunk to deal with.  Hopefully an afternoon bike ride squeezed in the mix also.
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

sirstude

Managed to get through my daughter's wedding on Saturday, without too many hicups.   Moved the Olds back out from under the hoist so I can get the Impala out and into winter storage.  Think I also finaly came up with a color too.  I have always planned on doing it in a green with tan interior, but the wife does not like green, so I have playing with all kinds of purples and some blues, but my heart has not been in it.  I found a blue-green (much more green than blue) that is almost the same color as a jacket that she wears so she could not say no.    Very rich color, and found it in the semi truck colors.  Don't remember today which book, I think Peterbilt.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

had to put a trans in our 91 caravan . I will do the next one on the floor NOT on the hoist. If my son wasnt there to help me ,i would still be installing it .

nzsimon

Last weekend I turned the roadster upside down on an old mattress and sanded the bottom then put 2 litres of 2 pot etch primer on it which I blocked back all week
It was hard work as the primer is as tough as nails

Today I put 2 coats of black basecoat on it and a litre of 2 pot clear

It has a few fish eyes but it id underneath I may or may not block it back and do it again

The whole house now stinks of paint so I am mr popular

Tomorrow I will 1200 grit back the firewall ready for the wife to paint 2 crossed fluttering chequered flags on it then another few coats of clear

The rest of the body is still in raw gelcoat and may not get done this summer as the drive is to get it on the road
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Dave

Went hunting last night and saw 7 . One was a 4 point.  Gonna try and get some done on the car today . Prolly work on the trunk area and hopefully get that smoothed out. I have the Jackson Motor Speedway old timers reunion this evening so no hunting. Plan to work on the roadster tomorrow also. Ill hunt again next week. Oh ya I almost had to work today  :evil:  I havent worked a saturday in years let alone work till 4:30 like i did tuesday thru friday..
Dave :!:  :wink:  :arrow:

Ohio Blue Tip

I'm going to drive 150 miles to have lunch with some classmates I haven't seen in 40 years.
Ben doing yard work for a week, getting ready for a winter of rod projects.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

nzsimon

Today I have bought a piece of MDF roughly the size of the firewall so the wife can do a practice of the crossed flags I have just primered it when I have finished my breakfast I will shoot some basecoat and some clear on it

Rub it all down and she can paint it
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

enjenjo

Did some cleanup today, made room to work on fatcat's chevy. started on the frame.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

this weekend i am doing nothing but i saw the number of posts and had to change it. superstitious i guess