Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I finally installed a radiator overflow tank on the 32. I've had 3 different caps on this and it still keeps seeping when shut off. I'm tired of it. I didn't get started on the interior panels today. I had a few other vehicles to check over and ran out of time. I'm going back to the shop to check out an oil leak. I don't know if I spilled some oil or there's something else going on. It got up to 27 degrees today. I am so ready for summer!
TEAM SMART

Carps

Finished another model car, this time the AMT 1941 Plymouth coupe.

With a few modifications.....    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

phat46

nice work Carps, those cars seem to be difficult to make good looking, but you nailed it!!!

Crosley.In.AZ

gonna build some throtttle cable mounts for the Falcon.  I've got the 2 barrel adapter built... need to bend up a new fuel line too.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I finally found a decent Model A frame with numbers so I can start on my single seater project. I found the frame right here in Michigan through a guy on the HAMB. It's been hacked at the rear but I was gonna cut that off anyway. When i got to the guys place he had a rear crossmember leaning up angainst a tree so he threw that in for another $25. I knew it didn't have a rear crossmember when i went to pick it up. But now it seems we're in the middle of a blizzard here and the outside temp is 20* right now. Guess I'll go in the basement and paint!  :lol:

enjenjo

I picked up the Crosley body for the RRT racer today. I'll mock it up later this week so you can see what we have.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I finally got around to putting the new crank in my 350 to replace the one I used to join team smart.I ran into a clearance problem between the counterweights and piston skirts on #2 and #7. Had to clearance the skirts as the crank was just rubbing on the way past.New Eagle cast crank ,has anyone else run into this ? I also got busy on the mini chopper . I am building a springer front end for the bike and trying to make it smooth (no exposed fasteners) .

enjenjo

Went up to Cobo for the autorama yesterday. I really liked the B400 that is up for the Riddler. Spent some time at HRLCs party last night. Today we went to a 16th birthday bowling party for Danimal's son Courtland, and watched the Cup race when we got home.

enjenjo

Josh had his 21st birthday yesterday. He went bowling on his league last night, called about 11pm to see if I would come and drive his car home. His Buddies were buying him drinks for his birthday, and he didn't feel he should be driving. He made me proud.

Today I spent the day scrapping gas tanks. the local scrap yard will not take them unless they are cut in half. You know, a tank that looks real good on the outside can be terrible inside, and vice versa. There were about 15 tanks, some of them I don't even know where they came from. I have a pretty good load of tin ready to go, and most of a load of heavy iron ready too. I know the price is down, but it's got to go.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: enjenjoJosh had his 21st birthday yesterday. He went bowling on his league last night, called about 11pm to see if I would come and drive his car home. His Buddies were buying him drinks for his birthday, and he didn't feel he should be driving. He made me proud.

Frank...Give Josh an "Atta-Boy" from me ..That decision shows he's not a "kid" anymore...It takes an ADULT to realize he needs help & then ask for it ... :b-d:    );b(

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Josh had his 21st birthday yesterday...His Buddies were buying him drinks for his birthday....He made me proud..
Wow, Josh can legally drink now?  Man, does time fly!  I'm sure your and Fat Cat's sense of right and wrong had a lot to do with him calling you.  You should be proud.  

Next time I'm down to visit I'll bring a 30 pack and me and Josh can drive around and drink some beers.  :wink:
George

purplepickup

Quote from: "39deluxe"I made a mounting bracket for my TH400 kickdown switch tonight. The switch is a B&M kit but I had nothing to attach it to. Now I do.:D

It looks really good.  How did you cut the bracket?  

You should sell 'em on eBay.
George

Bib_Overalls

Today I met a hot rodding friend for breakfast and then we went over to his shop and I wire up a welder outlet for him.  Tomorrow I am going to spend the day burning ice storm refuse.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

phat rat

I got the cpe out of it's 4 month hiatus today and took a cruise of maybe 50 mi.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carps

Yesterday (Sat) attended funeral/memorial service for local rodder Tina Wilson (36) and her kids, Krystal (15), Nathan (13) and Tegan (5) who perished whilst taking cover in their neighbour's home during our recent firestorm.

A sad day indeed, yet one of those really good days that makes you proud to be a hot rodder, reminding me yet again, what hot rodding is really about.

I said to my young passenger as we cruised in convoy with a large group of hhot rods, that it felt like one of those 'old days' where we'd meet at a designated point before breakfast and drive somewhere just for the hell of it, then when we were done with the BBQ brekky and ready for the rest of the day, we'de drive home again.

Of course this time we had a purpose and Tina got her wish (she'd often say that when she was gone she wanted 100 hot Rods at her funeral).
I counted 115 pre '48 rods plus almost as many 'custom classics'.

I guess now they can all rest in peace.

Now (Sun arvo), I'm headed to the shed to finish striping a flamed letterbox for one of my clubmates and I may also do some work on a model car I'm building for another friend.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.