Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Put some time in on the Olds.  Getting frustrated again.  I cannot get the doors to fit the back of  the opening, tight at the bottom and loose at the top, and no way to get any more adjustment on the hinges.  I have even heated and bent them to try to get more and no such luck.  Looks like I will have to grind off the end of the door and reweld it. Then yesterday, we were trying to twist the trunk lid just a bit and one of the cast hinges broke.  I sure hope the Buick parts car hinges work.  Unfortunately, there is plenty of snow out where it is stored.  I went out today, and just couldn't make myself work on it at all.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

Past weekend races..

Falcon at the drag strip.

16.433 at 82.48 mph
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

"Warming the tires up"  :?:  :?:   In Az.  :?:  What's soo very wrong with that statement  :?:  :?:   Where you able to find any idea's on those sites I sent you ??      16:40's at 203" aint too awful bad..... 8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS""Warming the tires up"  :?:  :?:   In Az.  :?:  What's soo very wrong with that statement

well you have to remember it was cold :roll:  :roll:  in az last weekend, it was in the high 60s low 70s :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

We visited the Snotsdale Pavillions this saturday...  it's auction time here. lots of different cars there... very busy!

We got to watch Glen answer questions  on his sedan 1929 Ford car.. from a 20's something lad... it was pure entertainment.  

Last question was the best: " what do you do  in the rain?"  

Some folks here may not know .. Glens car has no insert in the top, it is open.
Tony

39deluxe

I made a mounting bracket for my TH400 kickdown switch tonight. The switch is a B&M kit but I had nothing to attach it to. Now I do.  :D

purplepickup

I took the grandsons to see Monster Trucks last night.  It's like the WWF of motorsports but we had a great time  :D  

I put some pics in the Throne Room.
George

moose

Got a chance to get back to the shop. Started fitting the new firewall...

reborn55

Got the seats mounted in the ragtop---ran wiring today and got about 3/4 of the floor insulated.  Put the seat switches in the side of the console.  Almost ready for the upholstery shop

enjenjo

This is what Fatcat did today. When we went to assemble the front suspension on his 47, we found that I had made a Boo Boo when I reinforced the crossmember, there was no room for the rack shaft on the left side. This was after he had the frame all painted. :roll:  so, we modified the reinforcement, and today he got it in primer, and ready to paint again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Busy day here...

several automatic  transmissions were worked on.. t-350 , t-400 and a C4 set for a  flat head engine in a  roadster.  T-400 is for a land speed lakester car.  Car set record at 305mph last year

Messed with the 4.3 chevy engine. I've got an oil filter on the engine.  HEI dizzy is fixed up for the engine.

Photo below shows why I bought the engine for 25 dollars... Some idiot (not me) drilled out the one starter hole to get a bolt out I guess.  I will use a mini starter on the 4.3 engine... see if the engine will run after sitting for 10 years
Tony

chimp koose

I knocked cam bearings into my block and then machined an adapter for water/alcohol injector system on a friends blower application.Seems NHRA would ok the injector as produced(nylon lines) if water is injected ,but mix in alcohol and it is deemed as fuel.Made adapter so braided stainless will replace the nylon.Then I went back to paint my engine block only to have the paint peel off like a sheet of plastic wrap when I tried to unmask the block. Whats wrong ? I didnt leave the paint on for long so maybe it didnt grab onto the block?

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"I knocked cam bearings into my block and then machined an adapter for water/alcohol injector system on a friends blower application.Seems NHRA would ok the injector as produced(nylon lines) if water is injected ,but mix in alcohol and it is deemed as fuel.Made adapter so braided stainless will replace the nylon.Then I went back to paint my engine block only to have the paint peel off like a sheet of plastic wrap when I tried to unmask the block. Whats wrong ? I didnt leave the paint on for long so maybe it didnt grab onto the block?

Did you degrease it good? Primer?

chimp koose

Caustic tank & rinsed. It may have a bit of honing oil on it now that I think of it.I have had so little car time this winter that I dont remember if I washed the block after honing it. I will blast it with brake kleen and try again tomorrow.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"Caustic tank & rinsed. It may have a bit of honing oil on it now that I think of it.I have had so little car time this winter that I dont remember if I washed the block after honing it. I will blast it with brake kleen and try again tomorrow.

When I am painting an engine. I waash it down with solvent and a rag, mask it off, and then a final wash with thinner sprayed out of a gun, and flooded off the bottom of the engine. Blow it dry, and then shoot a couple coats of DP40. Then the color.