Its the weekend are you gonna do anything?

Started by Dave, January 06, 2007, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Because you are about as odd as it gets. :roll:
Thanx Frank, I guess that explains the teapot I started this afternoon?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Is teapot Australian speak for a car part?

~:)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

I called the gent about going to see my old mustang today. He has decided he would like to keep it. I asked him to please call me if he should ever change his mind.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteStriping odd shaped objects is difficult, I really don't know what possessed me to do it.

Because you are about as odd as it gets. :roll:

Remember Carps.....If it was easy...Anybody could do it .... :!:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

With the family stuff I did not get to the garage but did find time to knock out a panel. Building up the stock for the up-coming Car show panel jam auctions....

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Carps

Quote from: "Crosley"Is teapot Australian speak for a car part?

~:)
I think it's an accessory for an English car.

Meanwhile, Late yesterday I decided to open the door and roll the '33 out into the sunshine.  Bugger! It landed on my head..... the door not the '33.

Seems we've been the victim of what appears to be a termite fly by, eating.  No sign of the little buggers being still there but the timber support on one side of the garage (which the door hinge/spring/thingie mounts to) has been eaten away completely from the inside.

So today Eddie the Expert has been out to check for signs of the little buggers and to spread some serious poison or whatever they do, to make sure they don't keep eating my shed, or the house.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

GPster

Well, I went to my grand daughter's school Christmas program. I wisely decided not to drive home last night (130 miles) and decided to start out home before the snow fall got too bad today. Got about 20 miles from home and on a straight stretch of road one of those "Road Surface Freezes on Bridge" jumped up, un-marked. I went down into the median strip and ALMOST MISSED the gardrail. It catght the edge of the bumper and drove it back into the front tire. Because of the snow it had to be towed to an exit that is farther from home and will probably sit in storage until I figure who will bring it home. Have to go out of town on Monday so I probably won't worry about how much it will cost to fix until I find out how much Monday will cost. GPster

phat rat

Joe you didn't mention any injuries so is it safe to assume you and your wife are ok?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "phat rat"Joe you didn't mention any injuries so is it safe to assume you and your wife are ok?
I'm just fine. My wife was at home. I was traveling alone and before I even got out of the truck I called home and told her I would be late. I let her do the calling and then went out and looked at the damage. It was still running when it stopped but I had the brake system malfunction light and I was going to try and at least get it up to the shoulder but I stopped when the tires were spinning and it wouldn't move. My first thought was the axel on that side is the one I just paid $175.00 to have new ball joints pressed in and that hit probably bent it. When I got out of the truck I discovered that I can imagine more problems than just that. Real life slows me down more than it does normal people. Thanks for asking, GPster

Carps

Glad to hear you got away with no more than a bent truck.
Quote from: "GPster"Real life slows me down more than it does normal people.
Be happy in the knowledge you are not alone.  :wink:
Carps

enjenjo

Danimal brought his boys over yesterday, and we did some cleanup in the barn. Didn't get it done, but made a big dent in it. Thanks Dan, Cort,and Eli.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Well the fenders are off of the junkyard donor truck and home. The battery is charged in my new saws-all so that I can cut the inner     fender-well supports and remove the radiator support. The bumper brackets have been sprayed so that maybe they will un-bolt so that the bumper (such as it is) can be brought home and straightened. I worked on it Monday but yesterday and today I woke up to my body calling for Ibuprofin so that, the holidays and a trip with the dog to the vet means that the next dismantle day might be next Tuesday. That said I will be free to enjoy my family and friends. So when I get tired of my family I'll be here on the computor with my friends. GPster

Carps

It's only Thursday!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So we're celebrating the new year with the traditional rod run at Mornington park (that's down by the seaside).

Have a great celebration and here's to your good health and prosperity in the new year.
Carps

Crosley.In.AZ

well, it is saturday here.... my wife wanted some dead bushes pulled out , a tree stub pulled out (tree  died this summer).

We have uncontained trash pick up next week, so every thing goes out to the street edge.

I pulled out my ol trusty snatch em strap, chain  and the truck.
Tony

dragrcr50

i am buildin  the hanger for brake pedal and mouning master cyl and pwr booster on the 54 plymouth wagon , fixed the last holes in the firewall yesterday ... more today
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,