ex pipe to close to M.C.

Started by Daveyboy, January 04, 2007, 10:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Hi
I just got my Ex piping done on the coupe.  
On the driver side it is about 3/8 of a inch from the master Cyl.
Is that to close?
its about 3/8 from the frame on each side of the mulfer and the M C and mulfler and the Frame.
Do i need to re think this and have the guy try to go smaller it is 2 1/2 now
Let me know if i have a prob pls.
Thanks Dave

enjenjo

Just put some header wrap on the pipe where it's close.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Daveyboy

will having it coated Jet hot be better or a heat shild on the master cly.
Or just stop thinking about it?
Dave

Pep

I had similar issues with my exhaust running very close to my booster. The engineer wanted something to protect the booster from debris as well, so this is what I came up with. Later on, I painted it up.
See Ya
Pep

phat rat

Quote from: "Daveyboy"will having it coated Jet hot be better or a heat shild on the master cly.
Or just stop thinking about it?
Dave

Only problem with exhaust wrap is that it promotes rust. However where you are that might not be a problem. A heat shield for sure and maybe jet coat. I certainly wouldn't dismiss it. When I built my cpe two header pipes were quit close to the P.S. box the heat cooked the seals and had to be rebuilt, again, a year later. Used heat wrap and a shield for 3 years then the headers rusted. Anyway since taking the heat into consideration, no problem
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Ran into that same deal when laying out the exhaust for the roadster. I changed the routing idea and then i had to order more stainless elbows and tubing but ive still got some 2 inch stainless from the coupe so im using it here too. I dont like looking at stuff underneath my car but i may have to .
Dave..

SKR8PN

Here is a shot of my heat shield. The header is only about 1/2 inch away from the MC

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

sirstude

That looks good, gunna drive that thing over to Franks to work on the BBQ and show us that a drag racer can be a "dual purpose machine"

Doug   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

SKR8PN

Quote from: "sirstude"That looks good, gunna drive that thing over to Franks to work on the BBQ and show us that a drag racer can be a "dual purpose machine"

Doug   :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I'd have to put a larger fuel cell in it for THAT trip :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.