Tudor pics

Started by oiler, December 30, 2006, 10:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiler

Hope these pics make it through.
This is after the Xmas eve chop (2 inches).
I got the frame under it and the rear kickup fitted into the body.
I had replaced the rear frame rails beforehand and had to cut out 90% of the new piece to fit the kickup. Oh well the remaining 10% is new.
Chop went about as good as could be expected very little warping and I didn't have to pie cut anything to get everything lined up.
Doors are still left to do.
I've gotten ahold of a 401 Nailhead that had recently been rebuilt so that will just need frshening up.
5 speed Richmond with a Bendtsen adapter behind it.
I had hoped to use a 32 tank out back but more and more it looks like it'll be under the rear seat.
beleive it or not there is no rust on this body. someone brushed on a couple gallons of yellow enamel way back when and it protected it.
If you see anything you like/dislike let me know
I've got a thick skin.
Godspeed Don
Later
Jeff

Charlie Chops 1940

Don't see anything to dislike about that. Nice work.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tom36

Quote from: "oiler".
I've got a thick skin.
Godspeed Don
Later
Jeff

Whats not to like? :b-d:   How much is the chop?  Tom..

GPster

Oh! to be able to move and see well enough to have someting like that. Are you going to "tub" the rear wheels or are they going to be stock. Much wood left in that body? I am amazed how much work you guys get done in a short period of time. I just read about it and get tired. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks good.

A Richmond 5 speed & a 401 motor... should run purty * nice.

Make sure you install some good brakes. LOL

);b(

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1oilburner

Looking real good, 'Tis the Christmas "chopping" season after all! I wouldn't change a thing. Body looks REAL good too, nice. Mark.
Hurry up and make the first cut already!!! midnightoilworks.com

phat rat

NICE! I also don't see anything to dislike about it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

I've just started(a couple weeks now) on my '32 roadster with a 401/Richmond 6-speed/Winters QC. I have the engine/trans setting in the bay now and so far haven't found a good motor mount solution. I've adapted Chevy V8 mounts to the Buick block but the chassis mounts will want to take up the space occupied by the Vega box because the mounts are on the very front side of the block.

Have you looked at that yet?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

Yeah, I dislike it because you own it and I don't. :lol:  :lol:   Love highboy sedans, and especially ones with Buicks in them.  You are doing a nice job.

We have a nice '30 sedan sitting in our loft, and Dan can't wait until he finishes his current '29 so he can start on it.  Going to go the same route as you, '32 frame, mild chop, etc.

Keep posting progress pictures often.

Don

purplepickup

I'll bet it feels good to sit back in you ponderin' chair and admire your first chop.....and all the other work you've done :D  Very nice job Jeff!
George

donsrods

"Pondering chair."  I like that.  Makes it seem like we are actually doing something constructive.  :lol:  :lol:

Don

oiler

Quote from: "oiler"Hope these pics make it through.
This is after the Xmas eve chop (2 inches).
I got the frame under it and the rear kickup fitted into the body.
I had replaced the rear frame rails beforehand and had to cut out 90% of the new piece to fit the kickup. Oh well the remaining 10% is new.
Chop went about as good as could be expected very little warping and I didn't have to pie cut anything to get everything lined up.
Doors are still left to do.
I've gotten ahold of a 401 Nailhead that had recently been rebuilt so that will just need frshening up.
5 speed Richmond with a Bendtsen adapter behind it.
I had hoped to use a 32 tank out back but more and more it looks like it'll be under the rear seat.
beleive it or not there is no rust on this body. someone brushed on a couple gallons of yellow enamel way back when and it protected it.
I've got a thick skin.
Godspeed Don
Later
Jeff

Thanks all ,I've got to cut the visor down abit after looking at it more but that will be about all.
I'm putting a stock roof on so I've kept all the wood above the windows
I've got * mini tubs to go in. won't be much of a tub, just enough for tire clearance.
lotta work but it is fun
Jeff

Nice! The chop looks "Just Right"!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

dragrcr50

I like it,  somethjing about a Model A highboy sedan on duece rails that is right ....  I have one as well just trying to decide to finish or sell mine ... keep us posted i love it..
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

sirstude

You will like the Richmond.  I have one in my Impala and it is great.  It has taken a couple of years to completely break in and now shifts really smooth.  The only time I think about it is when I am shifting down to 1st, goes in much smoother when I am stopped than when I am approchaing the stop sign.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us