1935 Ford truck

Started by Coleman396, April 21, 2004, 09:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coleman396

Hi Guys. I am new to this site and really like what I have seen here so far. My Truck is a 35 Ford which I have oictures of but do not know how to resize them. When I find out I will post one or two.
Anyway I am wondering if anyone might have an idea where I can find a grill for my truck.
I have a grill in there but the bottom has been cut off it. Thanks in advance for any info. Have a great night!    
                                                            John.

Sean

Welcome to the Forum.... :)

Coleman396

Thanks Sean.
It kinda looks like I should get some spelling or typing lessons!

Dirk35

The 35 and 36 truck grills are the same. They've been real cheap on e-bay lately. I got mine (off ebay) for $550 and $50 to ship it. It litterally was perfect (with a small repair at the bottom left bolt hole metla finished and no filler needed) until I dropped it in the gravel driveway and put a small ding where the molding peice bolts on the front.
A 37 grill is also that same shape, but with horizontal bars, and not as attractive in my opnion. But it will fit just fine.

parklane

Welcome. It's good to see an other fellow Canadian coming on board, especially with a good name like John.  :D
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

47wood

Hi John,

Welcome to the RRT ...lots of nice folks here with great knowledge.  Go to www.fordbarn.com and take out a free "Parts Wanted" ad under "Early V-8."  Also check the ads already posted there for a grill.  And, I look forward to seeing some post of your ride and progress.  :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Welcome! I was browsing the Ford Barn site a few days ago and seem to recall seeing a truck grill advertised for sale....Good Luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Here is the ad:
Parts for SALE: 1936 FORD truck grille NO rust NO bent or broken teeth. Very nice. $500.00 Trades welcomed.
Tommy Tags < [ EMAIL ]>
Bay Area, ca USA - Tuesday, April 20, 2004 at 22:59:46 (EDT)
  His e-mail is  Tommytags@sbcglobal.net   Good luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Coleman396

Thanks a lot guys. This is great. There are a few minor things I have to do to the truck to be happy with it for the up coming summer. After that it is getting a going over through the winter with all new power,interior, and maybe paint. I kind of doubt I will be able to do the paint this winter but hey, a guy has to have goals! Right?
I have a line on a grill locally but it came from a bigger truck,possibly a two ton? I will have to get on it soon though or I might end up missing out on the other one posted here. Have a great night!
                                                                       John.

jakesbackyard

Welcome to the RRT.

You could check with mrloboy (on this forum) in Manitoba.

www.loboys.com

He might have something in his "field of dreams" he would part with or probably knows where one is.
Jake

manyolkars

35-36 are NOT the same. 36 is much deeper. I am going to put a 36 on my 35 to give me room for my A/C. I have been watching ebay recently. They are going for $200 to $400  Ford had 1/2 ton and 1 1/2 ton trucks in 35. The grills interchange