The 37 is all but finished!

Started by Pep, December 26, 2006, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Most welcome.....I have to take it back to the trimmer some time this month so he can finish off a couple of things...like a cover for the convertible top and side curtain bag and couple of other things....We are planning on going to the Crakk run...so I am trying to have it finished by then. GIve me a call before you come to make sure its home.
See Ya
Pep

39deluxe

Nice trim work. It looks very comfy.

Tom

HOTROD47

beautiful car!!!!!!   I LOVE 37 cab's.  If I ever sold my 47 the next car would be just like yours.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Pep

Quote from: "HOTROD47"beautiful car!!!!!!   I LOVE 37 cab's.  If I ever sold my 47 the next car would be just like yours.

Thanks for that...Actually, it's a roadster...absence of wind up windows...It is still a topic of debate over there, but going by my research, they made 1250 of them, but I don't know what proportion were club roadsters and business roadsters ( if that is what they are called ) I have seen pictures of both. Over here, we only had the club versions...how many?...the records were destroyed a while back in a fire at the Ford offices. I know of 5 that are still on the road (including mine), but I've heard mention of a few more, but I know some are later models with 37 sheet metal.
See Ya
Pep

Bib_Overalls

Wish I known there were hot rodders in Oz when I spent my Viet Nam R&R there in 69.  I could have been hanging out with you guys.  But instead, I had to spend a whole week, day and night, with that wench I met in the bar at the Wentworth Hotel my first night in town.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Pep

I bet you had a better time with her than you would have with me and my mates :lol:

Here I am in '69.....with a wig on of course. Just under the age of being called up.
See Ya
Pep

slocrow

Very nice PEP. I find the rear quarter windows an interesting concept....Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Pep

The rear window on the roadsters was in fact a removable item, similar to the side curtains. It was possible because the roadsters had a simplier hood iron set up, only haiving one anchor point as opposed to the two that the cabriolets had. It would have been no use to have the window in the cabriolets as the hood irons would have gone right across that area. I didn't want a removable window, but wanted something to differentiate that it was  roadster instead of  a garden variety cabriolet :wink:
See Ya
Pep