Water pump riser

Started by Daveyboy, December 25, 2006, 10:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Hi all
I need some help
I have a Zip's water pump riser housing and need to find some pulleys and a alt bracket here is what i need leeds on where to buy from
Alt bracket is 1950- 1960 cehvy truck #715894
Lower pulley is 7 1/4 DIA Double vee #3860838
pump pulley is 6 1/4 DIA double vee #3905642
HELP!!! i cant find this stuff
thanks Dave

EMSjunkie

There was a discussion over at Streetrodstuff about Zips water pump risers.............seems to me they found pulleys at Speedway........if'n I remember right.........but thats a stretch.......my remembery ain't what is used to be. :?

or........I could just be F.O.S :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Ya ur FOS all right.
Davey why the zips riser and all that junk? a 32 set up right dont need all that stuf.. short pump or in some cases a long pump works too . Im thinkin your buildin a street rod ( a car with air) so u ned the extra pulleys and they set em up on a short pump too.
My 32 is a hot rod no air no heat and a trunk for liquor,,,,,,,.......
Dave :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ya ur FOS all right.

My 32 is a hot rod no air no heat and a trunk for liquor,,,,,,,.......
Dave :!:  :idea:  :arrow:

This from a Dude who is allergic to fenders  :?  :lol:  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Daveyboy

Well i dont want to run a elec fan i want a ome fan. So the riser moves the pump up 6 inchs and centers it in the radator.
I just hate the look of a elec fan.
Just me. Dont want to * anyone off its just how i like it
Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Daveyboy"
Dave

as well you should. I chose an elect. fan 'cuz I ain't never run one before.
hope you can find the stuff ya need Bro. 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Deuce

I have one ... and I always use them on 32's ...

The numbers on my sheet from ZIP are a little different than yours ...

I run a shroud, a clutch fan and a 18 inch 7 blade fan ... with a Z series Walker radiator. Np problems ... even in 105 degrees in the Hot, Humid  South in August ...

:D
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Well i dont want to run a elec fan i want a ome fan. So the riser moves the pump up 6 inchs and centers it in the radator.
I just hate the look of a elec fan.
Dave

Ha,, you cant * me off :!:  I was just curious as to why you needed the zips stuff. And you gave me an answer. I did run a flex fan on my 34 and i never got hot and no shroud either. It was just one of them things that just worked. I built the 32 coupe and i went with a spal. i got some cheapie comming for the 32 roadster  :?:  We will see how it works. My feelings about this. Im thinkin i can buy an electric fan and tstat for cheaper than you can do the zipps deal. Ya ok so .. Well that cash can go into sumpin else for the new car. I also am not offended from the look of an electric fan. FYI there was an auction on egay for an electric fan adjustable tstat :?:  Ya and. Well the guy said he got it at advance auto parts and it was marketed by Hayden :?:  Ok again .. He wanted 25 bucks plus 8.50 shipping. I ran the number thru advance auto  online and  soon as i get down there they have one 19.88 + tax.. Follow up soon. Im documenting all this info on this car just cause i seem to have forgot some parts deals that are on the net. I just got a short water pump a ujoint and ujoint  bolts from a place called rock automotive on the net like 20.00 cheaper than advance and they sell the same stuff . Ordered it xmas day and got it today.
Dave :?:

kb426

I'm a believer in the riser. Less parts.
TEAM SMART

GPster

I've always understood the need for them. The top of the radiator is hotter because that is where the heat hits first. Some engine compartments are long enough for the SBC long water pump and I always toyed with the idea of using a SBC short water pump and building my own risers that were thick enough to bring the short water pump out to the long water pumps line for fan and pulleys. Then again I have a short water pump on the front of the V6 I'm toying with for the Jeepster.  I suppose I'll have to find a power steering pump off a '68 to '73 Vette and bracket for the front of the right head. Sometimes using what you have is not the cheapest way. GPster