Christmas at the White house

Started by bombcan, December 24, 2006, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombcan

Our oldest daughter told us this week that she's expecting her first child.  Her first and our 4th grandchild.  Great Christmas news!:D

Last night at my wife's family Christmas party while she and her mom were announcing it to the entire family, her husband had me on the front porch  asking me to help him do a restoration with modifications to his granddad's old Willys pickup, starting after the first of the years.... dang just when I thought it couldn't get better!....    Debbie's given me permission to add on to my shop to make room for C.C.'s truck!

THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!! :lol:

Merry Christmas everybody

from the Rob White house....

Bob K

Living the good life, congrats Rob, all is going well for you.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

BB
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

GPster

Quote from: "bombcan"asking me to help him do a restoration with modifications to his granddad's old Willys pickup, starting after the first of the years....Rob White house....
How old?what year? The '48 to'51 truck and station wagons (2 wheel drive )furnished a lot of the pieces and technology that was use in the Jeepsters. GPster

enjenjo

Sometimes life just gets better and better. Congrats to your daughter.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bombcan

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "bombcan"asking me to help him do a restoration with modifications to his granddad's old Willys pickup, starting after the first of the years....Rob White house....
How old?what year? The '48 to'51 truck and station wagons (2 wheel drive )furnished a lot of the pieces and technology that was use in the Jeepsters. GPster

I'm not sure what year it is, I guess I'll need to figure it out, huh?  I do remember that this truck has round rear fenders instead of the square type...does that help narrow down the  years?

His is a 4WD, and he does want to keep it that way.  He's heard that an S10 4wd frame fits under these trucks pretty well,  you know anything about that?   He wants to go with a late model running gear, and wants alittle better than 45 MPH as top speed, LOL

purplepickup

Man, Rob this will be a Christmas to remember. Enjoy :D

Merry Christmas!
George

Congrats! Sounds like lots to look forward to in the upcoming year!Merry Christmas!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Ed ke6bnl

congratulation I know where you are coming from my wife and I got a bib from my middle daughter that said to the best grandma and grandfather our first grandchild. found out on christmas day our best present so far.  good luck Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

petrolhead

Congratulations on the SHED extensions  and on the Grandchild of course
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "bombcan"Our oldest daughter told us this week that she's expecting her first child.  Her first and our 4th grandchild.  Great Christmas news!:D

Last night at my wife's family Christmas party while she and her mom were announcing it to the entire family, her husband had me on the front porch  asking me to help him do a restoration with modifications to his granddad's old Willys pickup, starting after the first of the years.... dang just when I thought it couldn't get better!....    Debbie's given me permission to add on to my shop to make room for C.C.'s truck!

THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS!! :lol:

Merry Christmas everybody

from the Rob White house....

I'm cking with the Boss!!!! is a bigger garage really needed? LOL  :lol:
You have such a good wife!!!!!
Congrats to both of you!!!!! (I knew about the baby but not the willys) Your gonna be busy between that and the van.

Debb

bombcan

I'm cking with the Boss!!!! is a bigger garage really needed? LOL  :lol:
You have such a good wife!!!!!
Congrats to both of you!!!!! (I knew about the baby but not the willys) Your gonna be busy between that and the van.

Debb[/quote]

Go ahead and check, she's already promised now. :D   She's the most generous when she hears the words "grandchild"......I've been saving this request for a while now LOL