INTRO!!??!!??

Started by Rrumbler, December 23, 2006, 11:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

:oops:

Well, Dave, your thread on "A Question For The New Guys" got me to wondering if I ever did introduce meself when I started visiting here, back in April, and I can't find any evidence that I did.  It looks like I just hobbled in, sat down, and acted as if I had been here all along; sorry.  So, ---

Howdy, Gents - and Ladies, if there be any about.  I use the online handle of Rrumbler (among others).  It is a nickname given to me by one of my most favorite old girlfriends a long time ago, because of the loud, rrumbly "shotgun" "scavenger" pipes I had on my '51 Ford.  I have always liked that type of signature exhaust sound.

I'm only a bit more than a month shy of being a legal senior, and have been wrenchin' on stuff since I was about five or six Y.O.; used to give my folks the fits with some of the stuff I took apart or "Tool Timed" - arrrr-arrh-arrh!! :twisted:  :P   We, my Bride of 42 years and I, have lived in Las Vegas since '03, and were lifetime Southern California brats, until we retired; she from San Diego, I from L. A., San Gabriel Valley, and the greater Mojave Desert region - Yucca Valley, Twentynine Palms, Barstow - and we settled in "The OC", Mission Viejo, specifically, in the late sixties, to follow our carreers; she worked for a large school district in a program for handicapped children, and I worked for a large power company, at several different jobs, but my favs were Lineman, Construction/Maintenance Electrician, and System Operations.  We spent a few years in the northern Sierras after we retired, but the snow and ice of the winters there drove us to seek warmer environs, hence Las Vegas - definitely warmer, most of the time; we truly like it here.

I have a '59 Chevy "big window" pickup that I have used hard since I got it in '71, and am planning a "frame off" for it; not sure to what extent, though.  Maybe, IFS/IRS, a "RAT", or something different like a big BOP, or Caddy, or  :shock:  :shock: perhaps a Hemi or BBF*%&.  :0-0  :shock:  I'm thinkin' about some tin mods, too, and some sort of "different" paint treatment.  Right now it is basically stock except for the "warm" 350 and Muncie M-22 that push it along.  I also have my youngest son's '69 Torino Formal Coupe in the yard - 351W, and a C4; it needs some stuff done - tranny problems, as well as others - and he hasn't the means to deal with it, so I may adopt it, too.  Just what I need: another project.  :roll:  :?

Well, it has taken me several hours just to get this written, between taking care of our three year old granddaughter and putting the finishing touches on a loaf of bread that my bride started; supper is ready, now.

Later.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Welcome and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Well, we probably didn't give you a welcome either. :wink:  

Very nice intro.....pleased to meet you and Welcome to the RRT :D
George

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I'll be out your way the first week of April.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Well we sure know bout u now  :!:  :wink:
Welcome to the board and Merry Christmas.
Dave

bombcan

welcome.  Great intro,  and as you know a great bunch of folks here.

Rob

rooster

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "bombcan"welcome.  Great intro,  and as you know a great bunch of folks here.

Rob

Exactly. welcome to the RRT

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****