A solution to a problem.

Started by enjenjo, December 21, 2006, 09:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am finishing up assembly of my Buick engine. I am using Offenhauser rocker covers which are actually intended for a 215 engine. Since the 215 did not have a PCV, it had a breather on each valve cover. The 300 engine did have a PCV, and I wanted to use it, but I could not find a grommet that would fit the hole in the Valve cover. So I made an adapter that would fit the hole in the cover, and accept a PCV valve. Since it fits in like a gas cap, 1/4 turn, I drilled and tapped the adapter for a screw that will keep it locked in place.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HOTROD47

WOW!!!! nice work, I'm impressed.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

kb426

Very good. Did I miss where this engine is going to end up?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

No, I haven't mentioned it lately. I have a low miles, 65 Buick Sportwagon from AZ. I blew the engine in NM two years ago, on the way home from Bville. It broke the crank, and ruined the block when the timing chain broke at 70 mph It has been setting since then, after hauling it back home. The plan is to install this engine, also a 65, along with a 200R4 in the wagon. It already has a 3.42 posi in it.

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"The plan is to install this engine, also a 65, along with a 200R4 in the wagon. It already has a 3.42 posi in it.
Boy, does that sound like a sweet set up!  Really nice.  Tom...

Sean

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have a low miles, 65 Buick Sportwagon

Does it have the "Vista" roof, or whatever they called it?

I always thought thought certain Wagons would look good as Rods, but my wife says she won't ride in a station wagon. On the other hand, she would rather have a mini-van than a car...

How is a mini-van cooler than a rodded Wagon?  :roll:

enjenjo

Quote from: "Sean"

I always thought thought certain Wagons would look good as Rods, but my wife says she won't ride in a station wagon. On the other hand, she would rather have a mini-van than a car...

Yes it has the windows in the roof.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Sean"

Yes it has the windows in the roof.

I think with Frank's lawn mowing escapades it is probably called a "moon roof" :oops: ,

Sum

Dave

My dad had the olds (they called that the vista cruiser) Ha Ha what a cool ride!
If we only had it now?
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice job on the adaptor Frank. I had forgotten that the 300 iron motor was related to the 215...how soon we forget.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!