Red Paint

Started by Learpilot, December 20, 2006, 08:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

What is the brightest Red paint for cars ? I am going to paint my 36 this spring and want the brightest Red.
Thanks  !!!
Rick Harris

I have painted several cars Ford-Rio Red.It is a bright/darker Red with no Orange pigment.I was doing a 100% correct restoration of my Firebird a few years ago and it was going to be the original color....Pea Soup Green...right up until the morning my buddy shot it Rio Red....Sure glad he talked me into it.It is the "Redest" red I've seen.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Learpilot"What is the brightest Red paint for cars ? I am going to paint my 36 this spring and want the brightest Red.
Thanks  !!!
Rick Harris

I picked a GM color, Victory Red, for the 54 Chevy I am working on.  I should say my wife picked the color.  I am not real good on colors.  The roadster we did this fall is Red Baron Red that is actually a Dupont powder coat color that we had mixed to match the powder coated parts on the car.

When choosing the red for the 54, we looked at any new red car we saw until we found the color that we liked.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tom36

I got some sraight red mixing color to paint my wheels.  It's RED!  Tom...

dragrcr50

I just painted my 64 vette a viper red and it is way bright and no orange.......ppg base clear
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Sean

A friend of mine mixes automotive paint for a living. He claims the Red'est
red is Porsche "India Red". I think he said it was used in the mid 80's.

Both of these came up as "India red" on Google images...

papastoyss

Nissan has a color called Ultra Red used on mid-late 90's Altimas.It's REEDD. I used it on the 40 deluxe coupe I should have never sold.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

HOTROD47

I have always thought that VIPER red was the brightest
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Dave

The porshe red was the color in the 80's everyone had a red car (except me) ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:

alchevy

I like Chevy Victory Red and that's what I'm going with on my '40 Chevy one of these days. A friend of mine thinks that there are only two colors: Red and the others. Most people will say when I mention red, Oh that's resale red.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

oldmanolds

I looked at all the reds my friendly paint store offered and Porsche Red seemed to be the purest red there was.Dave
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

butch27

Porsche Guardsman Red.  Code #27

C9

Brightest red I ever saw was on a 34 two door sedan.

Probably had a white primer/sealer, but the main color was Porsche India Red.

Over that he shot a coat or two of candy burgundy.

Dang near blew your retina's out just looking at it in the sunlight.

You'd need to do some experimenting with this combo to see what's needed for you.

Might take a look at some of the Japanese small cars and sporty type cars.
Some of those have some killer bright reds.
Probably basecoat/clearcoat, but that's the way it seems to be done nowadays.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Crosley.In.AZ

as pointed out , the base colour under the red top coat is very important .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Years ago, I painted a car with PPG pure red toner. That was some red!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.