New guy here (introduction)

Started by HOTROD47, December 19, 2006, 10:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD47

Hey all,

My name is Glenn and I am from connecticut. I have a 47 Ford coupe. It was a decent car when I bought it in 1999. Since then I have redone almost everything. I painted it 3 years ago, dropped in a ZZ4 with a new TH350. The only thing that remains from the first build is the interior. I am a bodyman/painter by trade and LOVE hot rods. I have a young family with two little girls ages 5 and 7 and I have been married for 14 years.
I was born into the whole hot rod thing. When I was a little boy my dad was drag racing a 66 Chevelle at Ct Dragway. The list of cars that have rolled through our driveway is unbelievable. Currently my dad just bought a 47 Ford coupe as well. His still needs some work, runs and drives great. Just needs some TLC. The body and paint are first on the agenda.

I am going to try to attach a pic of my car, the only pic I have here at work is of my car in front of the new workshop I just had built in my back yard.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Dave

Welcome. the first streetod i ever built ws a 48 ford for a friend of my dads. yours is nicel Like the garage too :!:
Dave

Welcome! Nice ride.....I love the old pump....Tokheim 39?I am in the process of restoring several old pumps.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Grandadeo

Welcome Aboard Glenn, Geezz, not only does the new guy have a great looking coupe and shop, He already knows how to attach pictures.  I've just got to get with it.  Great to have you here, lets see some pics of Dad's coupe too.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

sirstude

Welcome abord,  hope you have "Good Old Ethyl" in that pump.  She's kind of a noisy old gal, but without her, your car is noisy.

Doug  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Okiedokie

Nice coupe, like the way you tucked the bumpers. As the owner of a 46 buss cpe I would love to see more of the tucked bumpers. Joe

Rayvyn

Welcome aboard, Glen. Nice looking ride and shop. I wish i could do that to my garage, but there's too many restrictions down my way. Hope to see ya' on the boulevard next year!! :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

purplepickup

Nice intro and picture.   );b(    

Welcome to the RRT  :D
George

rumrumm

Welcome! I think you will find this to be an enjoyable place to hang out.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

tom36

Welcome!  Nice coupe and shop!  I'm finishing up a '46 and will have to post some pics.  I'm in southern Maine so perhaps we'll meet up somewhere along the line.  Tom...

EMSjunkie

Welcome to our little corner of cyber space. 8)

*' ride, and a spiffy shop too :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Very nice ride, and your own gas pump too. How much do you charge yourself for gas????  :lol:  :lol:  "welcome"

phat rat

welcome Glen. decided to try over here huh? as you saw your Hamb handle is taken here
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

HOTROD47

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Here are a couple more pics of my car. It was built in South Dakota in the late 80's. It changed hands a few times during the 90's until it found it's way into my heart in December 1999.

It's actually a funny story. I was collecting parts to build a 65 Nova that I had picked up. I was making very slow progress on the car as my wife became pregnant for the first time in the spring of '99. Over the summer and into the fall I started thinking about spending time with my new little girl and not in the garage. It was a few days before Christmas and I was flipping through the new issue of the Good Guys Gazzette. While looking at all the great cars in the classifieds I had a great thought. Why not buy a done car that my family could enjoy right away.
So I said to my wife "what if we sold off the project and went and bought a done street rod?" We both laughed out loud, I mean my daughter was just 4 weeks old, who was I to be out buying a street rod.  But then I started thinking about it. The way I could sell the Nova, and finish a 69 442 convertable I was doing for a friend. We wouldn't be out all that much money and yet we could be out enjoying the car come spring time. Would you believe that when I brought the subject up again, she thought about it? She didn't respond right away, in fact it was hours later when she came back to me and said " you've got X amount of money to go out and find us a nice family street rod"
Within two weeks this car was in our driveway. I now have a second daughter and both girls LOVE thier daddies "coupie". I can honestly tell you that this past summer my wife and girls put more miles on the car than I did. Can't you just picture my wife cruising down the street with my little girls in thier car seats in the back seat?????  

I found my dads car on Ebay a few months back. He flew out to Ohio and drove it the 14 hours back without a single problem. These are actually the pics from Ebay.
Copper Hill Rod & Custom

Rayvyn

Oh Geez, another mid 40's purple hot rod. Everywhere I go I run into a mid 40's purple hot rod. Michigan, Kentucky, Florida, Internet, it doesn't matter. I always seem to come across mid 40's purple hot rods. I'm starting to see them in my sleep... :shock:  :D

Just kidding...*' looking ride.
I was busting on Senor Parker a little.

Glenn, could you send one of those purple color chips to EMS Junkie... :?:
He seems to think his car is purple, but the other 489 of us think it's Blue. :lol:  :lol:

Someone said there's fun to be had on this board... :!:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...