A Wazzzit?

Started by Carnut, December 14, 2006, 10:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks like it may have started life as a bumper car????
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Carnut

Oh, and the bottom pic did not clip off a front wheel.

There ain't no front wheel just that metal brace hanging down.

Normspeed

Mack Truck bulldog.  And the sideview mirror tells me he used to drive a truck maybe.  How about a HD Servicar under a handmade body?

58 Yeoman

Back in the 50's, there was a comic strip that had a car like that.  I can't remember if it was 'Bringing Up Father' with a guy named Jiggs, or Mutt and Jeff, another one.  But, there was definitely a two wheeled car in a comic strip, and that guy looks like he may have been reading that strip.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

Last night I saw the pictures, today they are just big white boxes wuth the little red X in the upper left corner and my computor won't pick them up.It seems to me that last night there was a tinge of front wheels under the body line that made me feel that it was a "Pro Lawn" tractor in disquise. But the other expanations about the body are more interesting. On the "Ol' Skool" classified site there was a bumper car body for sale recently. Maybe there's a MOVEMENT. GPster

blksheep

Looks like an options vehicle built for the patiences of Dr. Jack Kovorcian. :lol:

Flipper

If it only has two wheels ......is it a motorcycle?

BFS57

Hello;
To me, it looks like some sort of ground support vehicle (tug) for aircraft, in disguise!

Bruce

GPster

Got the pictures again. Second picture, right under the front hood hold down bungie. Is that a "White Lettered" nothing. I would think if it was a 2 wheeled vehicle it wouldn't need a steering wheel. If it was a 3 wheeled vehicle with a caster and it was skid-steered with the brakes on the big wheels it would be with levers. Strange how there's no pictures from the back. I wonder if there's something hiding in that view. I spent a lot of time before I started driving again thinking about these kind of possibilities and I have a friend that is paralized from the chest down that has asked me to build her a 3 wheel motorcycle. Be kind-of-hard to get a wheelchair into that though but I look at a lot of possibilities. GPster

kb426

I go to the shows in the Wichita area alot and I've never seen that. Maybe it's a "wheelie" mobile.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Quote from: "GPster"Got the pictures again. Second picture, right under the front hood hold down bungie. Is that a "White Lettered" nothing. I would think if it was a 2 wheeled vehicle it wouldn't need a steering wheel. If it was a 3 wheeled vehicle with a caster and it was skid-steered with the brakes on the big wheels it would be with levers. Strange how there's no pictures from the back. I wonder if there's something hiding in that view. I spent a lot of time before I started driving again thinking about these kind of possibilities and I have a friend that is paralized from the chest down that has asked me to build her a 3 wheel motorcycle. Be kind-of-hard to get a wheelchair into that though but I look at a lot of possibilities. GPster

Here's one a friend of mine built dual controls for wheelchair rider.

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"Here's one a friend of mine built dual controls for wheelchair rider.

Lately I've been thinking more along the lines of a FWD sub with the steering locked with motorcycle forks in front and a floor between them for the wheelchair. That would give her an automatic transmission and a reverse gear. Would also give her something more tuneable for suspension. The courts have managed to put her off for another year (3)(they probably wish she would die, she has no family) but I like to give her a little incouragement when ever she asks so the plans stay open. GPster

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"I go to the shows in the Wichita area alot and I've never seen that. Maybe it's a "wheelie" mobile.

Maybe a retired Cessna engineer with too much time on his hands :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carnut

Quote from: "GPster"Got the pictures again. Second picture, right under the front hood hold down bungie. Is that a "White Lettered" nothing. I would think if it was a 2 wheeled vehicle it wouldn't need a steering wheel. If it was a 3 wheeled vehicle with a caster and it was skid-steered with the brakes on the big wheels it would be with levers. Strange how there's no pictures from the back. I wonder if there's something hiding in that view. GPster

Photog just never went around back to take a pic.

Here's the pic after I pushed up the brightness as far as useful. Don't see any kind of wheel under front. I wonder how the heck it panic stops without that front brace digging into the pavement.