Calling Bob K

Started by Pope Downunder, December 14, 2006, 09:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Downunder

Bob,

I was trying to recall one of your old signatures.

Something about not cruising through life trying to preserve yourself; rather, living it to the fullest and sliding to a halt at the pearly gates all used up.

I am kooking for a colleague who has just had a heart attack, and it seems to fit his attitude quite well.

Thanks,

Neil

Bob K

Hi Neal;

That was a couple of signatures ago. You have the right idea but I can't remember the first part. The last part went something like this.

but rather to come sliding in to the pearly gates yelling "WOW What A Ride"

Lemme think on it and it might come back.

The purpose of life is not to ___________

Best wishes to your mate and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Later:

B :b-d: B

P.S.

When ya coming back over?
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'" :0-0
George

Bob K

Quote from: "purplepickup""Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'" :0-0

George to the rescue again,

Thanks

B :b-d: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "purplepickup""Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'" :0-0

That's it!

Thanks guys; it might put a grin on his face.  It was certainly a serious scare; although the doctors seem to give him good prospects; but, he has to make some serious lifestyle adjustments.  Of course, he is resisting any changes.

GPster

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"Bob,        Neil
When I saw the subject I thought you were looking for rooms in Wendove next August and trying to avoid the rush after the first of the year. GPster

Neil.....Hope your pal has a full and speedy recovery.Also,hope your adjusting well to the changes in your life.....Have a Great Holiday Season!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"Bob,

I was trying to recall one of your old signatures.

Something about not cruising through life trying to preserve yourself; rather, living it to the fullest and sliding to a halt at the pearly gates all used up.

I am kooking for a colleague who has just had a heart attack, and it seems to fit his attitude quite well.

Thanks,

Neil

Them heart attacks aint no fun! Yep cheer him up he prolly needs it. I sure did. Kinda scary wakin up and cant remember dying!
Dave
ps: happy holidays Neil to you and your friend.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Pope Downunder"Bob,        Neil
When I saw the subject I thought you were looking for rooms in Wendove next August and trying to avoid the rush after the first of the year. GPster

I wish!

Last time I was over there was in 2004.  I was very stressed, about the marital situation at home.  When I got home, I realised I wasn't stressin' about nothing!  

At least if I do come back I won't have that to worry about!