So, whadidyadothisweekend?

Started by Carps, December 10, 2006, 02:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1oilburner

I locked in the front hubs on my pick-up and cruised the framers land looking for a Christmas tree. Found a tree, and spent 20 mins crawling around a '40 something Chevy pick-up out in the woods. It was at the far end of a real muddy field, so had fun in 4 wheel getting over to it, then made my way back. About 12 feet into it the first way across I realized it wasn't all mud.... Frank was "spread'n" there if ya know what I mean. So my wife just LOVED the smell when I parked it back in the driveway, lol. I guess it's a good thing I didn't have the tree in the back yet when I hit the field or it wouldn't be going in the house! Mark.
Hurry up and make the first cut already!!! midnightoilworks.com

kb426

I changed tires on the dakota rt, by hand. I got some of the cycles out today. Every direction I went, I saw an officer. I put'em all back up and went inside to see how the ebay world was doing. I got beat on every auction today. I built a new computer on thursday evening and I finished up some more details on it. The weather was decent for December. I'm bored to tears. Only five more months and it'll be warm enough to play outside.
TEAM SMART

George....Fill us in a little on your trailer project.Perhaps it's been discussed before and I missed it......What kind of trailer did you start with and what are your plans for it?You say camper/toy hauler.....As in Big Boy Hotrod Toys?  Oh yeah....this weekend.....Chistmas shopping for the guys that work for me and the wife.....YUK!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

34ford

Been busy working on putting the coupe back together since I got it all painted this summer. Finally got the wiring complete and all the fluid lines hooked up and the ac lines pumped down and checked for leaks, held so guess it's a good to go on the ac. Needed one more clamp for the lower radiator hose and the place i get them was closed today otherwise I was planning on firing it up today.  :D Using gates thermoplastic clamps and they sure work well.
bob

Hey Bob.....Looking Good! I was wondering how you were coming.....Hope you are getting settled into the new job by now.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Grandadeo

Saturday AM I was over a our Daughter Abbey's house helping her with a yard sale.  After that Lynda, Mrs. Grandadeo, and I were off to the mall in the roadster for some Christmas shopping and supper at a mall restaurant.  Got out too late to see the shuttle go off.  Saturday's hightlight though was the updates from Normspeed on the Moon Christmas bash at Irwindale.  He hit the gate early, had breakfast - tell us all about that one Norm, and spent the day snapping pictures.  But in my opinion the best part was that he spent some time with Don Jr. who was out and about.  Between Norm's and Don's pictures all of us that couldn't be there should get a good feel for the new setup with drag racin and everything.  Might have to check plane tickets out for that one next year, along with black T-shirts and Dixie Peach Pomade, right Norm?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Normspeed

Yeh but the Dixie peach Pomade don't do much for my own personal hair stash.  Maybe I could get some of that dark-scalp-in-a-spraycan....?

It was good to see DRD.  He says heaven don't want him and hell's afraid he'll take over, so I guess we're stuck with the ornery rascal for a while.  He's even talking about...gasp....motorsickles!

Next time I go to the Mooneyes gig, I'm doing an all-Betties album.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"With all the time you waste on this stuff, you could finish the 33 :lol:

You mean it's not finsished?

Does this mean I gotta stop driving it?

QuoteLooking good by the way.

Who me?   :oops:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Sounds like you guys are all havin a fine time.

Good tyo hear DRD is out and about havin a good time.

Spoke to Don Sr by phone to wish him happy birthday and he told me the same stuff about heaven and hell not wantin Jr.  Oh and also told me that Fatcat got his birthdate wrong.   :oops:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

btrc

Congrats Bob on being ready to fire your car.  Looking forward toseeingit around somewhere next summer.
I finished up the R&P on my '63 Comet and cut up a 9 inch ford rear so we can narrow it for Dan's '38 chevy.  Last weekend we installed a Heidt's front end in Dan's car.  Boy that is a slick way to go after fabricating everything myself for my '37 Ford.

Bob
Bob

BFS57

Hello;
Well, In December, I'm a dead man. First, it's my daughters birthday Dec 7th. We usually do something,This time went to Midevil Times for dinner and jousting!.
Next, we went and selected a Xmas tree. Found a great bargain at the local grocery store $59.99. Not to bad for an almost 10' tree. Then I had ti "size" the tree to fit in the living room.
Next, (this week) it's our 15th wedding anniversary, got to go shopping and make dinner reservations.
The car (57 Chevy) is still at my friends house, been sick with a cold and can't get by to finish the wiring job. Got it all ran, just got to test and make sure things are connected right.
All in all, every December, I'm busy as heck with family and cars are on the back burner, but I have two weeks vacation and bet I sneak in a little work and hopefully finish my wiring job on the 57, It needed it so bad!
When I took it apart, I found burnt wires to my Ignition switch, not to mention that the wiring was together with wire nuts and in line fuses! It's like a fuse block didn't exhist!
Everybody have a merry Christmas!

Bruce

sirstude

We had our Rod club Christmas dinner on Friday night.  Our 2 Canadian members drove down as usual.  My daughter sang Saturday night, so that was where I was then.  Put up a Christmas tree and then spent the rest of the weekend installing the height sensors for my LevelPro air ride system in the Olds.  BTW, the frame is now back in one piece and all the pieces back on.  When I had it apart I changed the air lines from the DOT plastic pieces outside to rubber coated, double braided lines that run inside the frame rails, much cleaner and I think much safer.  Thanks to Glen for that idea.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Carps"Oh and also told me that Fatcat got his birthdate wrong.   :oops:

Hey can I help it that I have posted messages about that at least twice and made both of them stickies so that people would update their birthdays. I don't know anyones birthday including my own some days. So it is up to the individual users to make sure the info in their profiles are correct.

enjenjo

Quote from: "enjenjo"With all the time you waste on this stuff, you could finish the 33 :lol:
QuoteYou mean it's not finsished?

not if you want to be cool :shock:

QuoteDoes this mean I gotta stop driving it?

no, but you won't be cool.

QuoteLooking good by the way.

Who me?   :oops:

You wouldn't look good with a Sheila on each arm, and cash falling out of your pockets. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

I did THIS this weekend.........

Plotted out ALL of the four link IC's(instant centers)............I need to kill some(ALL) of the wheelstand. I refuse to install wheelie bars on the car :D
So I have to do it THIS way.....

AS it turns out........the IC really isn't TO far off. I just need to pick a spot about 10 -12 inches forward and a little bit lower than it is now,to do what I need to do 8)  8) The circled dot on the right is where the IC is now. The one on the left is where I THINK I am going to put it :roll:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.