Took the '56 for its maiden voyage

Started by Animal, December 10, 2006, 12:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

I took my '56 Plymouth out for a shakedown cruise, and everything went great. The car runs like stink an drives better than I'd hoped. The Chrysler subframe w/ disc brakes and torsionbars is worth the hassle, and the 440/TF727 pulls like a *. The car is in the shop, making it legal so I can drive it as a daily. :D

Bruce Dorsi

Congrats!

It's always fun to see something unusual accomplished!

At least there won't be 25 others like it at any show you attend!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Animal

That was one of the reasons I chose to build this car.........that, and I really like the lines of the body. :D

Carps

WAYDAGO!  That's one tough looking MOPAR ya got there.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

kool.

its good to see something different out on the streets.

);b(
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Animal"I took my '56 Plymouth out for a shakedown cruise, and everything went great. The car runs like stink an drives better than I'd hoped. The Chrysler subframe w/ disc brakes and torsionbars is worth the hassle, and the 440/TF727 pulls like a *. The car is in the shop, making it legal so I can drive it as a daily. :D

I did a hardtop about the same year for a customer recently.  It used a GM frame and floor and I put a LT1 drivetrain in the car.  It drives great and if very different.  Glad you got yours on the road.  Looks good.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

tomslik

Quote from: "Animal"I took my '56 Plymouth out for a shakedown cruise, and everything went great. The car runs like stink an drives better than I'd hoped. The Chrysler subframe w/ disc brakes and torsionbars is worth the hassle, and the 440/TF727 pulls like a *. The car is in the shop, making it legal so I can drive it as a daily. :D

well, ya ought to have it done for alamosa over labor day :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

TEAM SMART

dragrcr50

I'm liking this deal.. its good to see something diff done that way .........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

GPster

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Congrats!
It's always fun to see something unusual accomplished!
Or in my realm, It's always unusual to see something fun accomplished! Always liked that body style and it took Chevrolet one more year to do it. Christien's older and more sedate sister. GPster

blksheep

440/TF727..............................
For some young buck with his new Mustang,............
You're his worst nightmare.
Congrats.

blksheep... 8) National Nightmare Distributor,...Southern Division, Charlotte

Congrats! Looks like fun......Future plans??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Animal

The plan for now is to get it weathertight (no glass in passenger door), build a grille for it, put the other seat, belts, insulation and heater in it, then drive the snot out of it and make sure it's ready to go for the HAMB drags in August. After that, I may paint it, ornot. I may enjoy this thing so much I won't want to leave it down long enough for body/paint.

EMSjunkie

HOLY CRAP :!:  :!:  :!:

I love the fenderwell headers 8)  8)

bet you pizzoff your neighbors :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****