Searching for parts car

Started by Choptop, December 04, 2006, 10:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "Choptop"Enjenjo,
I called that salvage yard by Portland today. Fella I spoke with didn't know if he has a 61 chevy on site. Said he'd return my call tomorrow
to let me know.

Guy's,
I know about ebay. I'm all over it, every day. Mostly inflated pricing,
but even with that in mind, still haven't found anything close enough
to me (Northern Indiana).

Exsedan,
I like your idea of a "interchange manual". That thought never crossed
my mind. Don't know where I'd get one though. Have to do some checking.

Slick 50,
No one is reproducing (to my knowledge) this metal channel.

Thanx, everyone.    Still looking..........
Choptop

Friend of mine is doing a 59 Cad. 2 dr ht.  All the glass is the same from 59-62 for the bubble top style 2 dr. ht. in Cad, Buick, Olds and Chev. So I would think the top bows, window regulators and probably most everything you need would interchange
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Choptop

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Choptop"Enjenjo,
I called that salvage yard by Portland today. Fella I spoke with didn't know if he has a 61 chevy on site. Said he'd return my call tomorrow
to let me know.

Guy's,
I know about ebay. I'm all over it, every day. Mostly inflated pricing,
but even with that in mind, still haven't found anything close enough
to me (Northern Indiana).

Exsedan,
I like your idea of a "interchange manual". That thought never crossed
my mind. Don't know where I'd get one though. Have to do some checking.

Slick 50,
No one is reproducing (to my knowledge) this metal channel.

Thanx, everyone.    Still looking..........
Choptop

Friend of mine is doing a 59 Cad. 2 dr ht.  All the glass is the same from 59-62 for the bubble top style 2 dr. ht. in Cad, Buick, Olds and Chev. So I would think the top bows, window regulators and probably most everything you need would interchange

phat rat,

Thanx for the tip. That should open up my search for some of the parts I need.

choptop
Do not spoil what you have, by desiring what you
have not.
Remember, what you have now was once among
the things you only hoped for !

George....Just curious,what's your buddy want for his car?I have an aquaintance looking at a restored one locally but the guy wants too much$$$.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Quote from: "40"George....Just curious,what's your buddy want for his car?I have an aquaintance looking at a restored one locally but the guy wants too much$$$.
I'm sure he's serious about selling it but I don't know how much.   He's got everything for it and he's done an excellent job on it so far.   It would surprise me if it's real cheap.  I'll ask him at work tomorrow.  I'll PM you with details.
George

purplepickup

I talked to the guy and he will have to put together a price but it might be more than your friend wants to spend.  Just to let you know a few things about the car, it has a fresh 500 Caddy engine built right (original 283 goes with it).  It was a rust free Oklahoma body, 9 inch Ford rear with 4 wheel disc brakes, full mandrel bent Flowmaster exhaust system, paint is fresh urethane bc/cc Roman Red.  The Caddy has mounts that bolt onto the original Chevy mounts and the 9 inch rear was mounted with original coils and arms so the car can be put back to stock easily.  All of the parts are there to make a complete car and lots of other goodies.  If he's still interested I can get a list of stuff and a price.  I have a feeling it will be reasonable because he's got other interests, but not cheap.
George

Choptop

Enjenjo,

Guy from that salvage yard down by Portland returned my call today.

Said he only has 2 61 chevy's. A 4 door belair, & a station wagon. He
told me he has a couple 62 chevy's, but they are all post cars.

So, I'm still looking for a bubbletop parts car. Thanks to the guy's here,
now I have expanded my search to include 59 - 62 GM bubbletops.

Still looking...........

Choptop     Northern Indiana
have not.

mrloboy

I have a '61 impala bubbletop parts car that should have most of the pieces you are looking for. I am quite a distance from you in Southern Manitoba, but I could remove the parts you need and ship them, if that would work for you. If interested, PM me with a complete list of needed pieces and I will figure out prices for you.

George....I am not certain how serious this fellow is as I don't know him well.He is a co-worker of a buddy of mine and we went to look at a restored car that he was looking to buy.....It was a nice car,6 cylinder/3-speed.He wanted to buy it then hotrod it.....he thought it would be to costly with the initial cost of the car so he didn't buy it.

Hey Rick.....Good to see you're still keeping an eye on us from time to time!

mrloboy

Quote from: "40"Hey Rick.....Good to see you're still keeping an eye on us from time to time!

Somebody has to make sure you are behavin' :)

Choptop

Quote from: "mrloboy"I have a '61 impala bubbletop parts car that should have most of the pieces you are looking for. I am quite a distance from you in Southern Manitoba, but I could remove the parts you need and ship them, if that would work for you. If interested, PM me with a complete list of needed pieces and I will figure out prices for you.

mrloboy,

You have a PM.     :arrow:

choptop
have not.

phat rat

was just over on the Hamb and there's a complete 61 Buick bubble for $1750 or obo in Alabama
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Choptop

Quote from: "phat rat"was just over on the Hamb and there's a complete 61 Buick bubble for $1750 or obo in Alabama

Thanx phat rat,

I'm holding out for something closer to northern Indiana.

I wonder if accessories (wiper system, heating system, etc.) are
the same?  I'll bet the dash controls are different.

On this car, I want everything to look original.

choptop
have not.