Open cars under construction

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 02, 2006, 10:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems like there are more roadsters under construction lately?  No?  Yes?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

I'm working on my Willys Jeepster again but it would have to fit in the phaeton ( touring ) classification. Roll-up windows and headliners are an unneccesary option (along with radios and air conditioning) GPster

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"Seems like there are more roadsters under construction lately?  No?  Yes?

8)

Im doing the 32 roadster just because. Last night i told sue maybe ill keep it then all i need to do is a vicky ,a sedan fendered.a fenderless sedan.. a cabroliet.... A tub...... More with fenders amnd more without. Oh ya id love a good woody :lol:
I think im in way over my head  :?:
:!:  :arrow: Dave :!:  :arrow:

donsrods

It's because of Global Warming. :D  :D  :D

We roadster people are a different breed. Rain, bugs hitting us at 70 mph, and freezing temperatures are all taken in stride.  Guys with roofs over their heads have no idea what they are missing. (rain, bugs hitting you..........) :shock:  :D

Don

Charlie Chops 1940

Sure. I'm finishing the '26 track roadster pickup and starting the chassis for the '32 roadster.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

QuoteOh ya id love a good woody

Sue mentioned that at the Zoo :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

Friend built a 32 Ford roadster this spring and sold it at the NSRA Nats.  He has another one going.  Along with a 46 Buick rag top.  But other than that, most of the cars under construction around here are coupes or sedans.  So, I'd say the mix is about the same.  If there is a trend right now it is muscle cars.  Another friend has a rod shop and he has had three Cameros, a GTO Judge, a Chevelle, and two 57 Chevys in for rebuilds this year.  He has done some repair work on older rods but only built one, a 32 Ford three window.  Shop across town also built one 32 three window this year but no roadsters.  But this ain't sunny Arizona.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Carnut

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Crosley"Seems like there are more roadsters under construction lately?  No?  Yes?

8)

Im doing the 32 roadster just because. Last night i told sue maybe ill keep it then all i need to do is a vicky ,a sedan fendered.a fenderless sedan.. a cabroliet.... A tub...... More with fenders amnd more without. Oh ya id love a good woody :lol:
I think im in way over my head  :?:
:!:  :arrow: Dave :!:  :arrow:

Yeah, I got a friend who started thinking like that. Then he had to start building garages.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Friend built a 32 Ford roadster this spring and sold it at the NSRA Nats.  He has another one going.  Along with a 46 Buick rag top.  But other than that, most of the cars under construction around here are coupes or sedans.  So, I'd say the mix is about the same.  If there is a trend right now it is muscle cars.  Another friend has a rod shop and he has had three Cameros, a GTO Judge, a Chevelle, and two 57 Chevys in for rebuilds this year.  He has done some repair work on older rods but only built one, a 32 Ford three window.  Shop across town also built one 32 three window this year but no roadsters.  But this ain't sunny Arizona.

Mayb I am just imagining this...... kinda seems like many roadsters going together around here.  Rode in a friend's convertible 32 this AM. One of those tops that fold up under the rear deck area...... top was 'up'

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Quote from: "GPster"Roll-up windows and headliners are an unneccesary option (along with radios and air conditioning) GPster

Spounds just like my four door sedan.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "jusjunk"[ Oh ya id love a good woody :lol:
Not much use if ya aint got someone to share it with.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

C9

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"But this ain't sunny Arizona.

Raining here now - in the N/W corner of the state.

Supposed to leave about 0800 for the 2 x 4 mile dry lake north of town.

A little SKS shooting, some home-built cannons - known as mortars, but we call em cannons - and one guy is supposed to bring a machine gun.

Must be a 50 caliber cuz he needed help to load it into his truck.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

C9

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "GPster"Roll-up windows and headliners are an unneccesary option (along with radios and air conditioning) GPster

Spounds just like my four door sedan.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

How do you keep the windows so clean? :wink:
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Roadstar

Carps

Quote from: "C9"How do you keep the windows so clean? :wink:
Special Ozzie window polish.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps