Ford in a Chevy?

Started by Carnut, December 01, 2006, 12:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normspeed

Chevy?  I thought that was an Opel GT.

Carnut

Quote from: "Normspeed"Chevy?  I thought that was an Opel GT.

Opel GT.

Dave

Quote from: "Carnut"

Thats just not right guys.  :evil:  :evil:
Ill admit I really dont like that body style vette but to put a FORD in it :?:
Someone has gotton thier meds all screwed up :!:
Dave

enjenjo

How about the 63 split window here in Toledo with a IH Scout 4 cylinder in it then?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"How about the 63 split window here in Toledo with a IH Scout 4 cylinder in it then?

Was gonna reply to this earlier when the desktop crashed again so i went out to the garage. I know you wouldnt s%^T me on this one. My question is WHY  :?:  :?:  :?: And a real split window.. You Ohio guys got some serious issues that need addressing..... :wink:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

Flipper

I guess they were trying to get even with the "built Ford tough with Chevy stuff" gang.

enjenjo

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "enjenjo"How about the 63 split window here in Toledo with a IH Scout 4 cylinder in it then?

Was gonna reply to this earlier when the desktop crashed again so i went out to the garage. I know you wouldnt s%^T me on this one. My question is WHY  :?:  :?:  :?: And a real split window.. You Ohio guys got some serious issues that need addressing..... :wink:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

I have no idea why. I go know the Corvette guys were ready to lynch him at a car show here one time, he finally left the show.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

junkyardjeff

Its about time someone started sticking it to the chevy people and I cant wait untill I stick a ford motor in my 37 chevy p/u,its going to get a 302 or a 460 but I am leaning towards the 302 due to it being light and I would like to find a 65 or 66 biscayne or impala for the 460.  Jeff

Normspeed

I bet that sucker can climb some hills.

OldSub

Quote from: "enjenjo"the Corvette guys were ready to lynch him at a car show here one time, he finally left the show.
A Scout 4 in a split-window.  It's to imagine any good reason for that!

When did you see this?  Was it recently?  In stock configuration that car is worth quite a bit.  While I can imagine wanting to modify it in ways that make it faster, but its sure hard to understand that engine choice.

Same thing with a Ford in that C3.  You're taking a car that is gaining in value and modifying it in a way that does not improve its performance over stock and which dramatically decreases its value.

I have a C4 I have considered modifying.  It seems to me I'd have to be willing to forego quite of bit of that car's value just to poke at other 'vette owners by putting a Ford motor in it.  

C4's aren't worth a lot right now, and I've heard of people buying them for under $1,000.  But I'm sure putting a Ford in mine would reduce its value to that or less.  Basically stock it's not worth a lot of money, but its worth a lot more than that.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "Normspeed"Chevy?  I thought that was an Opel GT.

Opel GT.

Hmmmmm, I thought it was a Corvette that someone washed with too hot water then put it in the dryer!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Rrumbler

Hey!!  They put Chevys in Fords all the time.  Turn about's fair play.   :0-0
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.