WoW.........

Started by Dave, November 29, 2006, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932-Ford-Roadster-Classic-Car-replica_W0QQitemZ270059018884QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That had to hurt.
Dave :?

By the way where is the harmonic balancer? I hope these guys are bidding for the interior :?:

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "jusjunk"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932-Ford-Roadster-Classic-Car-replica_W0QQitemZ270059018884QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That had to hurt.

By the way where is the harmonic balancer? I hope these guys are bidding for the interior :?:

I have bought worse but it has been awhile.  If it goes for the current bid it will be worth the money but not a steal.  I can see that much in usable stuff if you were building a car.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932-Ford-Roadster-Classic-Car-replica_W0QQitemZ270059018884QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6057QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That had to hurt.

Look at the bottom of the steering wheel...Somebody has a huge dent in their gut from that hit.

Some whacko emailed the seller a question about whether he had the radiator, grill and hood for it. Like there'd be anything left of them... :roll:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

sirstude

On top of that, if you look in one of the last photos, the hood and grill are laying next to the car.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

I'm not that desperate for a new project. I think at 3 grand you might be hard pressed to save enough stuff to justify the purchase. I wondered what a glass roadster would look like in a fairly hard collision. Now I know that I don't want it to be me.
TEAM SMART

About 3' farther tward the rear and they would have had to bury that car along with anyone in it!I hope the occupants were OK.....Surprised I didn't see a deposit of "excrement" left in the seat!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Charlie Chops 1940

I see it has roll-up windows...I remember Gary Ball was selling a body like that a few years ago but don't recall anyone else doing that in tupperware.
A lot can be salvaged but by the time ya haul it home from BG ya got 5 or 6 grand in it. I'd be guessing the tranny is broke and maybe the engine too. Not much to save forward of the dashboard.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I see it has roll-up windows...I remember Gary Ball was selling a body like that a few years ago but don't recall anyone else doing that in tupperware.
A lot can be salvaged but by the time ya haul it home from BG ya got 5 or 6 grand in it. I'd be guessing the tranny is broke and maybe the engine too. Not much to save forward of the dashboard.

Charlie

Michael at Street rods by Michael was working on one of them when I picked up my coupe a few years ago. I almost remember him telling me he had an interest in that along with gary ball. i didnt notice the roll up windows. as far a I know gary had the only body actually set up for that but others have modified stuff to try to do it.
Dave :?:  :arrow:

slocrow

Did you notice the top on the ground? Looks like it was ripped off with some force.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

WZ JUNK

I see it brought $3350.   I think it was worth that.  I am going to start watching ebay more.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I see it brought $3350.   I think it was worth that.  I am going to start watching ebay more.

John

Geeze John im not sure about that :?:  I think i would have had to look at it for real. At least if i would have bought it, it was within trailering distance. Id hate to pay for someone to haul it on top of that :arrow:  :wink:
Dave

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I see it brought $3350.   I think it was worth that.  I am going to start watching ebay more.

John

Geeze John im not sure about that :?:  I think i would have had to look at it for real. At least if i would have bought it, it was within trailering distance. Id hate to pay for someone to haul it on top of that :arrow:  :wink:
Dave

It is worth the price just for yard art.  Just think of all the stories you could tell.   Something like, "I was leading the coupe into third gear when this big dog ran out into the road.  The coupe swerved into me and I spun the roadster into the ditch clipping a concrete corner post at the end of the spin.  Luckily I was wearing my seat belt and I just got a few scratches and a bruised rectum from the pucker."  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck