RRT BBQ

Started by enjenjo, November 26, 2006, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

I know what you mean some times it's hard to put the brakes on vacation time. There's always something more to do or see
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"I'm up for the Ford museum any day.
If you guys do decide to go to the Ford museum I'd like to tag along. :)
George

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Doug and Vance that's cool that you guys are going to be there. So a question for others that live a ways away. Are you going to try and make it. This is an opportunity for those who were saying that the board is somewhat clannish to be a part of things

I'll be there, come H##L or highwater. Probably from Friday through Tuesday.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "phat rat"Doug and Vance that's cool that you guys are going to be there. So a question for others that live a ways away. Are you going to try and make it. This is an opportunity for those who were saying that the board is somewhat clannish to be a part of things

I'll be there, come H##L or highwater. Probably from Friday through Tuesday.

I was just speculating to my wife that you might show up also. This should be a cool gathering. I'll figure on staying a day or two extra also. Frank, what was the name of the hotel near the airport that some of us stayed in a couple of years ago?

sirstude

This is getting really crazy, here I am sitting here in my chair watching tv with a wireless laptop in my lap.  Not the trip part, but the laptop part.  I never do this, just happended to bring home my old laptop the other week and got it going.  I am planning to get some scanner software for it to use with the truck and others.

I think I will come out Thursday night and leave Monday morning.  I am sure I can figure something to do for the extra day.  Since it is all payed for with points except the car and food, may as well.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

slocrow

Quote from: "sirstude"Looks like several Marriott hotels in the Toledo aport area, (that is where my free rooms are for) so I hope I can make that airport work. Doug
Hi Doug; I believe these Marriott's are the closest locations to the RRT/BBQ rebuild, and Frank's house. About 7 East of the Toledo airport & maybe 15 miles East of Enjenjos. They both have airport shuttles.......Frank

6101 Trust Drive
Holland , OH 43528

1435 East Mall Drive
Holland , OH 43528
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sirstude

I think will go to the Fairfield in Maume, looks like not much farther, and it has a free breakfast for cheap people like me.  Just waiting for my air miles to come through so I can book.  The extras were transfered yesterday afternoon and the process is not done yet.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

slocrow

That's a good choice too. There's a back road to cut across NE to the airport from Maumee so you're in good shape. Look forward to meeting you there.........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

sirstude

Thanks for the info Frank,  When the time comes, I will post for directions to everywhere, much easier to get it from those who know, than google map, although it is much better than nothing.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Slocrow and I will be at the Days Inn next to the Toledo express airport just east of Franks. As it gets closer I'm sure some plans will be made for things other than the work bee

enjenjo

Yes, there will be more plans, we'll have to do a bang up job.

I have spent days in the Ford museum, and have still not seen all of it.

There is another museum in Archibold Ohio, the Sauder museum, started by Erie Sauder, the founder of Sauder's furniture. they have an outstanding display of tools, a 19th century dentist office, old cars and trucks, old appliances, toilets, and a craft village outside. There is also a working 19th century farm on site.

I also may be able to set up tours of a couple private collections, can't promise anything at this point. I believe there is a collection in Bowling Green Ohio, that will be open then too.

I still need some input on the BBQ burners, so I can have the parts on hand.

If we are going to make a three day event out of this, we may have to rethink the build day, possibly change it to sunday. Although saturday would probably work better.

SC8PN, can you still get us some stainless sheet? We still have not made a cover for the grille yet, it would come in handy some times.

Other things that need to be done is a general cleanup of the trailer, repack the wheel bearings, repolishing the wheels, and a wax job.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Everything does sound good, but the reason for this is to fix the BBQ, can't forget that.  The fellowship and tours are a great part of it too.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

yes, lets get the BBQ tuned up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "Crosley"yes, lets get the BBQ tuned up

so can we expect you also?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Crosley"yes, lets get the BBQ tuned up

so can we expect you also?

yes, you can expect me.  but I will not be there.  I will be there in spirit .

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)