The "right" T-5 for a streetrod?

Started by Topsterguy, November 23, 2006, 10:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Hey Folks! I'm looking at replacing the T350 in my roadster with a WC T-5 out of an S-10. That's about all I know to look for so far! Anyone know exactly the trans to look for so I can narrow it down and get the right one first time!? Again, thanks bigtime!  Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

ragdol

Can't give you any numbers, but generally the ones behind a 4.3L are the heavier duty ones, having a larger bearing on the input shaft. Larry.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "ragdol"Can't give you any numbers, but generally the ones behind a 4.3L are the heavier duty ones, having a larger bearing on the input shaft. Larry.

Yeah, I just was told that tonite too, thanks! Also apparently the 89 or later ones are the ones to get too.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

AV8Paul

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Hey Folks! I'm looking at replacing the T350 in my roadster with a WC T-5 out of an S-10. That's about all I know to look for so far! Anyone know exactly the trans to look for so I can narrow it down and get the right one first time!? Again, thanks bigtime!  Larry

I used a T5 from a 91 S10 that had a four banger. The only problem I had was that it used an electronic speedo. I had to change the tail houseing and shaft to an earlier T5 to mate my Model A speedo drive. I'm running a flathead, so the four banger trans isn't a power problem.
If it\'s too loud, You\'re too old

Topsterguy