700R4

Started by in2toy, November 16, 2006, 12:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

in2toy

I HAVE A 1983 CHEV WITH A 355 AND A CARB, I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO KEEP THE TRANS IN 4TH GEAR WHEN I FLOOR IT. IS THERE A KIT OR SOMETHING I OR A TRANS SHOP CAN DO? I NEVER CAN USE THE BIG 4BBL'S ON THESE TRUCK. I CAN GET IT UP TO ABOUT 85 OR 90 MPH THEN IT WILL SHIFT BACK TO 3RD. ANYTHING WOULD HELP THANX
NEIL  :idea:  :)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "in2toy"I HAVE A 1983 CHEV WITH A 355 AND A CARB, I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO KEEP THE TRANS IN 4TH GEAR WHEN I FLOOR IT. IS THERE A KIT OR SOMETHING I OR A TRANS SHOP CAN DO? I NEVER CAN USE THE BIG 4BBL'S ON THESE TRUCK. I CAN GET IT UP TO ABOUT 85 OR 90 MPH THEN IT WILL SHIFT BACK TO 3RD. ANYTHING WOULD HELP THANX
NEIL  :idea:  :)

you do not mention the year of the tranny .  pre 1988 trans operate differently than the 1988 & up units on certain shift pattern engineered into the trans by GM.

there is a TV sleeve that will provide what you wish for....... on the flip side you must manually shift ( move the shifter)  in and out of OD since the tranny will not down shift from OD once it is shifted into OD.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)