I WON THE LOTTERY!

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, November 14, 2006, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

No, not that one...I won the deer lottery. Yep, hit one at about 70mph tonight on the way home from my trip to Arkansas. About 50 miles from home...it came up out of the median and polished the left front fender, rear door, rear bumper fascia and trailer fender. Had to pry the trailer fender off the tire. I didn't stop on the road as it was at the beginning of an orange cone zone. Drove to the next exit and called 911 to get a report taken. Happened at about 7:15 and was still home by 9:00.

Was lucky it wasn't worse and that we could continue on our way home. Maybe I should buy a lottry ticket. I'll take a few pics tomorrow and share them. Also got the free heart test.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

WOW :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

glad you weren't hurt :)  :)  :)  :)

which car?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Hey, don't you know that deer season doesn't open until tomorrow morning? :!:  :wink:

Sorry to hear you connected but it's good to hear it wasn't worse.  I've heard about a bunch of people hitting deer in the last week.  I see them every morning on the way to work but so far they just watch me drive by.
George

enjenjo

The other day, I walked out of the back door of the barn, just as a 6 point buck walked out of the cornfield, and stopped about 10 ft from me. He never did see me, just walked calmly into the woods behind the barn.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"No, not that one...I won the deer lottery.  Also got the free heart test.

Charlie

I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Poor Dave has been trying to get one on purpose for about 2 months now with no luck. Of course he sees 3 at a time, but won't aim for the middle one... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"The other day, I walked out of the back door of the barn, just as a 6 point buck walked out of the cornfield, and stopped about 10 ft from me. He never did see me, just walked calmly into the woods behind the barn.

Was he wearing dark glasses and using a white stick...?

He musta been blind not to see You... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

that sucks, good thing is it wasn't the 40 or trpu
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "enjenjo"The other day, I walked out of the back door of the barn, just as a 6 point buck walked out of the cornfield, and stopped about 10 ft from me. He never did see me, just walked calmly into the woods behind the barn.

Frank was out getting ready to mow the lawn one last time in his lawn mowing outfit or lack of one and the deer pretended not to see him 8) .

Glad you are ok Charlie and sorry about the hit.  You guys live in the only state I know of that helps reinburse you for damages.  Where I live it is tough luck.  Sounds like we have been in the same neighborhood the last few days.  I had lunch with John Sat. and almost wrecked his new roadster.  The gas peddle and brake seem to be a little too close for my big feet.  John did I chip any of the paint spinning the tires in the gravel?  Julie asked and I told her you were probably just glad to know you escaped with your life.  John I also need Sam's number for the motorcycle deal.

c ya,

Sum

WZ JUNK

You made good time on the trip home.  I guess you did not stop for anything.  Sorry about the bad luck.   In Missouri it is possible to get many deer each season.  Some with your car, bow, black powder, and there is separate part of the season for buck/doe only.  I am not a hunter.  In the interest of fairness I think we should issue the animals guns.

I am glad you could stopped by.  Now that you are home, get busy, you have a lot to do.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

rumrumm

We have such an overpopulation of deer in Illinois that nature is beginning to take its course. We now have reports of cougars and wolves here in west central Illinois.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

phat rat

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Frank was out getting ready to mow the lawn one last time in his lawn mowing outfit or lack of one and the deer pretended not to see him 8) .

Glad you are ok Charlie and sorry about the hit.  You guys live in the only state I know of that helps reinburse you for damages.  Where I live it is tough luck.  Sounds like we have been in the same neighborhood the last few days.  I had lunch with John Sat. and almost wrecked his new roadster.  The gas peddle and brake seem to be a little too close for my big feet.  John did I chip any of the paint spinning the tires in the gravel?  Julie asked and I told her you were probably just glad to know you escaped with your life.  John I also need Sam's number for the motorcycle deal.

c ya,

Sum

Lived here all my life and have no idea what you're referring to with this reimbursement thing. Read somewhere a while back that deer-car accidents account for well over half the collision damages here in Mi. We need to export a few hundred thousand to some other state's. The damages to crops, cars and lawn plantings is way out of control. A local state park is having hunts now as the damage to floral is out of control. This park used to have a Trillium Festival. Not anymore as the deer have killed it off, plus they are stripping the park of other floral. They proved this by fencing small areas off and showing that it wasn't just a natural cycle

Sorry to hear of your mishap.....Glad it wasn't worse.Deer seem to be everywhere this time of year....unless you're hunting for them  :P  I have about a 20 mile commute to the jobsite I am working and usually see a couple dozen each day traveling to and from.Glad you passed the cardiac test!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

As an example of what I mean by overpopulation. My wife was just watching 9 does out in back, less than 150 ft from the house.

slocrow

Charlie; Sorry to hear about your close to home mishap. Glad you're both safe and apparently shaken but unharmed.
I'd blame that Dave guy. He's just not thinning the heard as he should.
We've got a heard of 12 or so in the woods out back. They are getting bolder every year as they reclaim territory from the housing area.
I'm nervous about anything over 35 anymore on country roads during dusk & dawn not to mention the rut.
Here's a shot of some steak on the hoof, looking over my flora in a recent spring.
PITA-People Eating Tasty Animals....................
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Sum

I've heard that deer larn their young'uns early about not making eye contact....or something like that. :lol:

rumrum said:
QuoteWe have such an overpopulation of deer in Illinois that nature is beginning to take its course. We now have reports of cougars and wolves here in west central Illinois.

My neighbor told me the other day that we have quite a few coyotes living in the small woods just a couple blocks from me at the edge of town.  He said they really like stray cats, too.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil