Good day today...

Started by phat46, November 12, 2006, 08:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

And a better day tomorrow. Today on the way to a friends farm to sight in our rifles we stopped by a friends house to pick up a tire he mounted for us for use on our trailer up at deer camp. While we were there I saw that my friend had a couple old wire wheels on a trailer in his tractor shed. When i mentioned that was looking for a set of them he took me back to his big barn and showed me the set of 16" '35 Ford wires, complete with the V8 caps. He told me to cime up with a price and they'd be mine!!!! Then we went on to sight in the rifles; my .35 Marlin was right on the money so I started sighting in the .300 Savage i inherited from my Dad 11 years ago. i had a new scope mounted on it and it was bore sighted so i tried it at 50 yards and was close using factory ammo. I put one of my dads handloads in it and it was WAY off....when I ran the lever on the gun no shell ejected...hmmmm. it had split the shell about 1/4" above the primer end!!! That was the end of shooting that gun for the day. i won't shoot it again till i can get some more factory ammo. Then we proceded to go through an entire box of shells for my seven shot .357 revolver!!! All in all a fun day! Tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. we head for the great white north ( MI. U.P.) for a week of deer hunting. This to me is about the same as heading to the Nats in Louisville. weather looks good, lows in the 20's highs just over freezing and some snow  predicted for the first four days! See y'all in a week or so...... :D

Sounds like one heck of a good time coming up! Be safe and hope you drop a wall-hanger! Be sure to fill us in when you return!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Good luck hunting Joe.  Hunting in the UP is the way it should be.  It's getting hard to find places to hunt in southern Michigan.  There's so many people buying up 2 and 5 acre parcels right in the middle of places I used to hunt.  I even had a guy try to kick me off of my own 40 acres at 7AM on opening morning a couple of years ago.

I was up at the cabin this last week and there's enough snow for good hunting.  I'd imagine the UP has even more.

Have fun!
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"Good I was up at the cabin this last week and there's enough snow for good hunting.
For what? Kindling? Mushrooms?  GPster

phat rat

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "purplepickup"Good I was up at the cabin this last week and there's enough snow for good hunting.

Wed,. is the opener for deer hunting with a gun Joe.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "GPster"

Wed,. is the opener for deer hunting with a gun Joe.

Ya'll got some weird hunting seasons up there. :?

I've never seen deer hunt with guns before... :lol:  :0-0
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

GPster

Quote from: "phat rat"Wed,.  deer hunting with a gun .
Makes sense to me! GPster

Dave

good luck joe we will have to compare stories .. Im just driving 20 miles every day. Missed another with the bow last night. Tonite is the last nite for a bow for me. I like guns :wink: Gotta try and top my all time record from last year... 5... Well maybe not 8)  It just isnt a big deal anymore I go cause i enjoy it but i need to get at least 2 cause the doc likes me eating venison and I like me eating it too.
Dave :!:  :arrow:

purplepickup

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

We usually let the ones with guns pass on by.  They aren't too good eatin'..... a little too gamey and tough for my taste.

Got my license and I'm ready :D

George

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

We usually let the ones with guns pass on by.  They aren't too good eatin'..... a little too gamey and tough for my taste.

Got my license and I'm ready :D

LMAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****