Got a call last night.

Started by Dave, November 10, 2006, 07:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A guy cant get any piece and quiet..   :wink:  Slocrow called to see if i was ok :?:  Well i was .. I was just finishing my last cocktail and heading for bed. He told me he seen me browsing the RRT so i wasnt in bed yet .. Im here all the time cause i never shut off my computers.  :!:
:lol:  :lol:  
Anyway..
Thanks for calling Frank..
Oh ya wish him luck I think he told me 3 weeks and no smoking...
Again tuesday is 5 months for me and ya know what. I like it its another goal every month I can reach.........
Dave :!:  :arrow:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "jusjunk"I like it its another goal every month I can reach.........

Just think in no time at all you will be counting the time in decades. YOur attitude seems to be different lately. It sounds good. Keep it up.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Fat Cat"YOur attitude seems to be different lately. It sounds good. Keep it up.

better living thru chemistry :wink:  :wink:

especially when potentiated with alcohol :shock:  8)  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

wow..... you answer the home phone?

i never do that.

:shock:

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"wow..... you answer the home phone?

i never do that.

Yup as long as Frank puts in the right code so my caller id shows his number!
I dont answer any other calls and im gonna quit answering if it has my work number on it  :lol:
Dave

slocrow

Oh great! Now you've gone and done it. I'm not very good at this stop smoking thing and you've gone and put it in the public domain. This will put additional pressure on me to not back slide. Just what I needed, not.
You're such a Dave. At least with Ohio adopting the state wide no smoking indoor policy, last Tuesday, I have a better chance of success this time as the bars will be smoke free after Dec 8th, I'm told. .................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

bigdude

I quit a 4 pack a day habit in 89 --got hypnotized-it worked! I cant stand any body around me smoking now. Should go and have something done about my sex life-----or lack of. :twisted:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jusjunk"

i never do that.

I dont answer any other calls and im gonna quit answering if it has my work number on it  :lol:
Dave

We got rid of all the extra phone stuff ( caller ID , etc.) years ago....only reason I keep a home phone is our street was under wired for the expected number of lines home owners would want and we are at the end of the cul-de-sac. If I sell the house , a phone line would be a good thing for the new owners.

I've got one long time friend that insists on calling the house number , not my cell. There is NO phone in my shop, the building is not wired for a phone. My buddy will leave a message and I may not look at the answer machine for 2-3 days..... LOL

8)
Tony

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"

i never do that.

Dave

We got rid of all the extra phone stuff ( caller ID , etc.) years ago....only reason I keep a home phone is our street was under wired for the expected number of lines home owners would want and we are at the end of the cul-de-sac. If I sell the house , a phone line would be a good thing for the new owners.

I've got one long time friend that insists on calling the house number , not my cell. There is NO phone in my shop, the building is not wired for a phone. My buddy will leave a message and I may not look at the answer machine for 2-3 days..... LOL

8)

I just checked my phone. Sue is in indiana and her mother called :twisted:
Ill try and remember to tell her when i talk to her so she can call her back  :!:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"Oh great! Now you've gone and done it. I'm not very good at this stop smoking thing and you've gone and put it in the public domain. This will put additional pressure on me to not back slide. Just what I needed, not.
You're such a Dave. At least with Ohio adopting the state wide no smoking indoor policy, last Tuesday, I have a better chance of success this time as the bars will be smoke free after Dec 8th, I'm told. .................Frank

PRESSURE!!!  :shock:   NO we wouldn't do that. :twisted:  Course if we all leave when you walk with a cig in hand it might give us away. :lol:  Frank I was a 3-4 pack sometimes more a day smoker, it isn't easy to do but you can if you really want to. Been 21 yrs 4 months since I quit :D  and every once in a while I think of all the money it's saved me  :) plus how much better I feel :D . I would imagine by now what I've saved in the cost of cigs that the cpe was free.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

I just checked my phone. Sue is in indiana and her mother called :twisted:
Ill try and remember to tell her when i talk to her so she can call her back  :!:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

...... our parents have been dead for 1 to 3 decades.  no in-law issues here

Tony

papastoyss

I quit smoking in 1974 , two years later my Dad died from lung cancer. I can't even stand to be around someone smoking.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

CQQL33

I have no idea how you guys did it.............quit smoking !!!!    I quit several times in the past couple of years and it only lasted for a few months and I was back at it :(
I am looking to QUIT again, as soon as I can find the fortitude (?).    When I quit, I do fine until I hear ice cubes tinkling in a glass  :b-d:  and the next thing I know I'm smoking again.........I guess I was hanging out with bad companions  :D     I don't want my car to smoke so why should I..........

Dave

Quote from: "CQQL33"I have no idea how you guys did it.............quit smoking !!!!    I quit several times in the past couple of years and it only lasted for a few months and I was back at it :(
I am looking to QUIT again, as soon as I can find the fortitude (?).    When I quit, I do fine until I hear ice cubes tinkling in a glass  :b-d:  and the next thing I know I'm smoking again.........I guess I was hanging out with bad companions  :D     I don't want my car to smoke so why should I..........

Im sittin here with a cocktail right now and no smokey treats :!:  Hell after the heart attack i dont have a choise so the doc says so........