Has anybody tried Flowtech mufflers?

Started by purplepickup, April 16, 2004, 10:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I've had Flowmasters on my truck for about 65,000 miles since I built it and one of the baffles came loose inside one of them and rattled pretty bad.  I was going to just replace the one but they discontinued mine when they came out with the Delta Flow series so I figured since I've got to buy two matching mufflers I'd try something different.  I saw the Flowtech Afterburners in Jegs at a reasonable price.   They're welded and I read a couple of comparisons where they actually produced more hp and about the same torque as Flowmasters and the decibels at idle and cruising were the close but WOT was louder....and for me that's a good thing.   :D

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any opinions.  I've always used Flowmasters and they have that distinct sound but I thought I'd go for a little different sound this time.  Hopefully it's a good sound that will thrill the neighbors. 8)
George

Sean

I've never even heard of them. The last set of Turbo-style Mufflers I owned were called "Full Boar" and had a picture of a Razorback on the box. They were supposed to perform better than Flowmasters, but they didn't sound like them.

They had more of a deep/mellow rumbling sound at idle and low rpm, but at WOT it sounded almost like open headers.

hotrodsnguns

Our local Kragans speed shop sells them (flowtech) for less than 40 bucks each.  I am running them on my 70 Chevy PU SB 383 for about 40,000 miles and seem to be holding up fine.  AT idle and WOT it is loader then my budies 351 F150 with flowmasters.  We have never measured how much loader but it is not a substaail amount