Turkey run

Started by junkyardjeff, November 04, 2006, 05:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

Anyone going?,I will be in a white 65 custom 500 4 door with dog dish hubcaps.  I am temped to take the 55 sunliner but the motor only has about 5 miles on it and I dont like the third gear shift in the junkyard C-4 so it will stay home this year plus it has no tunes,I need to sell some left over parts to have the original radio converted and get a CD changer.  Jeff

Rayvyn

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"Anyone going?,I will be in a white 65 custom 500 4 door with dog dish hubcaps.  I am temped to take the 55 sunliner but the motor only has about 5 miles on it and I dont like the third gear shift in the junkyard C-4 so it will stay home this year plus it has no tunes,I need to sell some left over parts to have the original radio converted and get a CD changer.  Jeff

I'll be there Fri afternoon through Sunday. Of course my parents still have a house in Palm Coast, which is 20 minutes away, so no hotel bills this time. Saves time and money for parts. Maybe I'll put a disguise on and see if I can beat Grandadeo down on some of his prices... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Grandadeo

Beat me down on my prices, heck we're givin' stuff away as it is.  I was going to wait a week or so to start a Daytona thread but since junkyardjeff got it going I'll put out my swap meet info.

Grandadeo and Friends' Hospitality House, er EZ-UP, will be located in YELLOW FIELD ROW 9 SPACE 298.  That's YELLOW FIELD 9-298 on the paved loop at the east end of the swap (the end the sun comes up on).  We're right next to the VOO-DOO Speed Shop and Lounge who specialize in all things traditional and used.  We ended up with a great spot after the infield remodel and have been able to maintain a group of spaces with old friends.  So for us Daytona is a social event as well as a parts sale/hunt.  I even heard they have a car show there but its rare that we get out of the swap meet.  We usually do our car lookin at night.  

I have three goals when it comes to Daytona.  Clean the extra jun...Quality Stuff out of the garage, make enough money to pay for the weekend, and bring home less than I took - unless its something really cool.  Oh yeah, and spend some quality time with friends both old and new.  Like I said its more of a social event than anything.

So If ya have to force yourself to come south and leave that lovely weather up north or you're a local, stop by, rest your bones, have a coke on us - no pepsi, enjoy enlightening conversation, and stash your treasures while you walk the swap (we promise not to sell them).  We'll keep the light on.

Lee

That's YELLOW 9-298
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Normspeed

Got any old Plymouth stuff?   :wink:

Slick 50

Vicki and I are planning on being there. We'll be driving our truck since the Caddy is in for surgury. We're parking with the HAMB group in the club parking area 820-830s at the east end of the lake, close to gate 70.
I hope we can make it to Yellow 9-298, that's Yellow 9-298, right? <8-)
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

donsrods

We (my two Sons and I) are going. Unfortunately, none of our cars are done, so we are spectators again this year.  :oops:  :oops:

hotroddaddy on another forum is trying to get some of us to all meet to say hi. Maybe we can tie it in and get to meet y'all too.  I'd like that.

Did you say there is a HAMB area?  My Son posts there all the time and would like to meet those guys too.

Don

alchevy

I will be on the other side of FL that weekend in Pensacola for the Rod Run Reunion. I just registered for it the other day.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Ok this wasnt what I thought it was. I saw some turkeys running out in the field just today..
Sorry :oops:  :oops:
Dave :arrow:
Then there is Bryan though .. Thats a real turkey  :wink:

blksheep

Gonna be there on Weds. with the '57 BelAir on the trailer and up for sale. (Lt. Blue/White '57 2dr.hardtop) If you see me and the car in the car corral, stop by and intro yerself.............

blksheep...gettin ready ta get sweaty in speed town 8) ...in Charlotte

junkyardjeff

There is a hamb area and its on the east side of the lake and I wil be there too.  Jeff

Grandadeo

Like the Rabbi said, "It won't be long now."  Anyone else planning on making Daytona?

Lee

zzford

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Like the Rabbi said, "It won't be long now."  Anyone else planning on making Daytona?

Lee
HiYa Lee, I'm planning on going. I am having some clutch problems with the coupe, however. The clutch was slipping so I replaced it but now it won't disengage. I gotta figure that out first. If I do make it I'll stop by and say hi to you and Tom.   Fred

papastoyss

Lee, where is your spot in relation to the turn 4 tunnel? I'll try to stop & say hello. David Midgett
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Grandadeo

David, I'll give you these directions based on previous years' layout.  The turn 4 tunnel is at the northeast corner of the track.  From there walk west on the paved road.  You will come to the intersection with the main spectator entrance on your right and the giveaway car display and ticket sales on your left.  Continue west till you come to the Coker tire booth that is to your left on a dirt (I think) road/path.  Follow that south till you come to a paved road with a few food vendors around it.  Turn right on the paved road and you will enter the Yellow field of the swap meet.  A few spaces up on the right there will be another road that merges with the one your on.  Make a hard right turn and follow that one around the curve till it straightens out.  We will be on the right (north) side at YELLOW 9-298.  I'll be the distinguished looking gray haired gentleman with the hot rod T-shirt on.  Easy to pick out of the crowd.  For reference see Rayvyn's Tampa post picture from a month ago.  Hope to see ya there.

Lee

Grandadeo

Planning to be on the road by 4:00 AM.  See Ya There.

Lee