WZ JUNK and the Red Baron go to school

Started by WZ JUNK, October 30, 2006, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I took these two to school this afternoon.  It was 50's day.  I think it was the 50th day of school, they were reading 50 books today and they dressed 50s style.  It went pretty well.  I watched the roadster pretty close but I let them lean on and touch the old truck and they used it to take several pictures with the different classes that came out.  Only one glitch and it really was not a problem but I caught a pretty good size kid standing on top of one of the rear fenders while the teacher took the class picture.  Now there is a sign in my rear window that says "It is okay to touch this truck" but I think he went a little beyond that.  No dents however and he did not scratch the paint.  When I made him get down, I do not think he felt he had done anything wrong.  Lots of kids asked really good questions,  many asked about the roadster.  More than one very young boy knew that it was a Chevy engine.  Lots of them thanked me for bringing the hot rods to school.  It was a good day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

John....Nice of you to take time to do that....I'm sure some of the kids really got a kick out of it!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat46

Cool, maybe you "ruined" a few of them for life!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "phat46"Cool, maybe you "ruined" a few of them for life!

About once a month on a Friday I take a bunch of "Street Scene", "Hot Rod", and "Goodguys" magazines on the evening bus route.  I give them away to anyone who will take one but they must not leave it on the school bus.  I saw one of my former students the other day.  I haul his son on the bus daily.  He said he caught his son reading the magazine I had given him.  He was not just looking at the pictures.  Made me feel good.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

MO_JUNK

So brother, did you back up to the front doors and do a smokey burnout upon departure? You know-the way we used to. Weather was nice here today also, but windy. Maybe you efforts encouraged a next generation rodder to join in the fun. Mo.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "MO_JUNK"So brother, did you back up to the front doors and do a smokey burnout upon departure? You know-the way we used to. Weather was nice here today also, but windy. Maybe you efforts encouraged a next generation rodder to join in the fun. Mo.

Just so you do not think I have gone soft, on the way home this evening I opened up the cutouts and let her breath a little.  Life is good brother.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

tell me your not going to the freshman prom too................gonna have to get a vespa scooter if ya do...........glad to hear you are having fun as usual...sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

slocrow

Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...