32 coupe???

Started by Daveyboy, October 20, 2006, 03:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Ok so i call Glide seats to buy a seat. Now I ask why they have 3 seats for a 32 coupe. + two that are the same but lower for chop tops. I get all that
BUT!!! they have one for brooksfide coupe seat and it's 4 inch's smaller then a Stock coupe or a glass car?
So can some one tell me what that is all about? I hear Brocksfield is just like the STOCK coupe    What's up?
Dave

GPster

It may be a re-production of a stock '32 seat. There used to be a joke about the design of the original Deuce Coupes. They said that the original design was for the top to be 2 1/2" lower but because Henry wouldn't change his mind about the size and placement of hEAd ligHTs They had to raise the roof and raise the seat so you could look out past them. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Ok so i call Glide seats to buy a seat. Now I ask why they have 3 seats for a 32 coupe. + two that are the same but lower for chop tops. I get all that
BUT!!! they have one for brooksfide coupe seat and it's 4 inch's smaller then a Stock coupe or a glass car?
So can some one tell me what that is all about? I hear Brocksfield is just like the STOCK coupe    What's up?
Dave

Davey heres a tip. Buy a teas design ask em how much extra material to do the reat of the car and the seat will be covered and you get to do the rest. Big time fun and it will look nice. Ive done 2 of my own and one for a friend and i love it. my 34 i even did the floors!
Dave

Topsterguy

I used a Glide set in my coupe and they said it was for either a coupe or roadster, and it worked great.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

rumrumm

I also used a glide seat in my coupe--the one for chopped tops. I like it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Daveyboy

Looks good
Glide is only 1 hr from me so i can pick it up and SAVE on the shipping
So that is what i did. They dont have the seat in stock but will have it built in a week
Dave

Topsterguy

Well, there Y'go then! :lol:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

rumrumm

There are also ways to create places for your switches by using a dash extension and a console. This is what I did--not for everyone's taste, but given the style of my car, I like it.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"There are also ways to create places for your switches by using a dash extension and a console. This is what I did--not for everyone's taste, but given the style of my car, I like it.

Nice Lynn.. Mines too plain :!:
Dave