WOW!

Started by 48builder, October 19, 2006, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I haven't bought anything copper in a while. I headed to Lowe's to get some 3/4" copper and was I in for some sticker shock. It was $30 a section. Last time I bought some I think it was about $10. I quickly made an executive decision to use black iron pipe. That is $10 a section, and they'll thread it for free.

I still need to come up with some felxible piping to go from the compressor to the pipe. I'll take a look at the TIP web site and see what they have.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

I usually use a stainless steel flex connector available at most plumbing shops.Copper has gone nuts......It is about an additional $2200 to do a home in copper as opposed to the PEX water lines.....The electrical bids are up about $1500/$1800 dollars per home since the increase....They sure don't waste nearly as much :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jokester

I used a rubber hose with crimped connectors to hook my compressor to the system.

My 2 cents.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

Leon

I used a rubber hydraulic line to isolate my compressor.  A short 3/4" diameter line didn't cost much and is rated for a lot more pressure than I'll ever be able to give it.  Had a local auto parts place make it up for me.

48builder

Quote from: "40"I usually use a stainless steel flex connector available at most plumbing shops.

Are you talking like a gas whip? I went to the plumbing shop this morning, and the guy had no idea what I could use for a flexible connector.

Maybe my NAPA can make me a line like they would for a hydraulic hose?

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Sorry I wasn't more clear....What I usually use is a "No Burst" braided stainless connector that would normally be used for a water supply line.Getting a hose made at Napa with the correct ends sounds like a good idea as well...Good luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

TJ's Dad

The price of all metals has skyrocketed in Oz to the point where someone here stole all the brass taps from a school to sell off as scrap I'd imagine , unless hes got a home needing 59 taps !  :lol:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Mr Cool

And alot of houses in new developments are having the electrical wiring stolen from them too, leaving other stuff behind.
I know of one sparky who had nearly $10k worth of copper cable taken from an industrial site, they actually went to the trouble of pulling the new cable back through the underground pipes. :shock:  They got caught when they tried to sell it to a scrap yard as they were all notified as soon as it was discovered missing the next morning.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.