29 days, 23 states and 7880 mi

Started by phat rat, October 18, 2006, 10:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Thats the place Jack, the Big Texan.

not one of my more favorite places to get a steak.

maybe next time thru we can make an evening of  it.  :D

the Coupe is back up and running, may hafta go cruise 6th st.
its part of historic Route 66.  8)

several places for a great steak or burger, and the suds are always cold.

Vance

Sounds like a plan to me
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Ohio Blue Tip

O.K. ya beat me by 800 miles, I'll try to take a long trip next year. :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Bib_Overalls

Santa Rosa?  I stopped there a couple of years ago.  Had dinner in a Route 66 Hot Rod Cafe.  There were flyers there for a hot rod museum of some sorts.  Didn't have time for that.  Planning on making that a long stop the next time I head West.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

phat rat

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Santa Rosa?  I stopped there a couple of years ago.  Had dinner in a Route 66 Hot Rod Cafe.  There were flyers there for a hot rod museum of some sorts.  Didn't have time for that.  Planning on making that a long stop the next time I head West.

Stopped at that museum when I was through there last fall but I only did the front part where they had memorabilia stuff for sale. I have a thing about paying to see cars that hot rods or customs and are for sale. I see plenty of them at shows. The owner is supposed to have a rod building shop up the street.  I did however pay to go into Starbird and Garlits museums. They both have some really neat stuff in them.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Santa Rosa?  I stopped there a couple of years ago.  Had dinner in a Route 66 Hot Rod Cafe.  There were flyers there for a hot rod museum of some sorts.  Didn't have time for that.  Planning on making that a long stop the next time I head West.

Santa Rosa isn't really too far from here, might hafta plan a little road trip
before the snow flys here :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

Just remembered a cool thing that happened because I was driving the cpe. on our vacation. When we checked into the resort in Lake Tahoe the valets were all over the car checking it out. When I was done checking in the head guy had a special spot for me to park, it was in the valet only area and it was mine for the entire 13 days we were there. He even gave me a pylon to use at first so that no one would mistakenly put another car there. Did I take care of him? Of course, I gave him something the first night and at the end we had some show tickets we hadn't had a chance to use and I gave them to him also. Of course being it was right up front everyone staying there during that time was commenting on the car and when they found that I'd driven it from MI. most were very suprised.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "phat rat"When we checked into the resort in Lake Tahoe the valets were all over the car checking it out. When I was done checking in the head guy had a special spot for me to park, it was in the valet only area and it was mine for the entire 13 days we were there. He even gave me a pylon to use at first so that no one would mistakenly put another car there.

After all this, now we find out your just another * power parker :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

phat rat

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"
Quote from: "phat rat"When we checked into the resort in Lake Tahoe the valets were all over the car checking it out. When I was done checking in the head guy had a special spot for me to park, it was in the valet only area and it was mine for the entire 13 days we were there. He even gave me a pylon to use at first so that no one would mistakenly put another car there.

After all this, now we find out your just another * power parker :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Mike

Why did I not think of someone coming up with something like that? :shock: