Tires ols school look

Started by Daveyboy, October 13, 2006, 10:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Ok i need to buy tires for my 32.
But i want a look of a buyest ply   but want a radail.
Black walls in 265/70/15  165/70/15
Who makes some thing  like this?
thanks Dave
sorry for the bad spelling i cant get spell check to work for me

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Ok i need to buy tires for my 32.
But i want a look of a buyest ply   but want a radail.
Black walls in 265/70/15  165/70/15
Who makes some thing  like this?
thanks Dave
sorry for the bad spelling i cant get spell check to work for me

I dont think your gonna find a radial that looks like a bias ply and also i like the 285 70 15 on the rear better than a 265.. but thats me
Dave

phat46

Have you been to the Coker website? I thought they had some radials that were supposed to look like bias plys...

donsrods

Yeah, Coker has radials that simulate the look (sort of) like bias, but IMO nothing really looks like bias except bias.  I know, I hear how guys have switched to radials and rave about the ride, but I am a traditionalist, and think radials miss the mark a little, especially on a fenderless car. They are just too square in profile for my way of thinking.

We could get into all of the issues about how they ride better, are safer, etc., but I have always run bias and always will. Yep, I'm old fashioned. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Rayvyn

Quote from: "donsrods"Yeah, Coker has radials that simulate the look (sort of) like bias, but IMO nothing really looks like bias except bias.  I know, I hear how guys have switched to radials and rave about the ride, but I am a traditionalist, and think radials miss the mark a little, especially on a fenderless car. They are just too square in profile for my way of thinking.

We could get into all of the issues about how they ride better, are safer, etc., but I have always run bias and always will. Yep, I'm old fashioned. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

That's a very biased opinion... :D

I like the traditional look of a bias ply, but the handling of a radial.
The wheel wells on the back of my Pontiac hide the top 1/3rd of the tire anyway, so I went with the wide WW radials from Coker.  235/70R/15 in the rear, 215/70R/15 in the front.
Mine is a hefty mid fifties car, so the radials fit well in looks with the car.
On a more traditional rod like a 32 roadster or highboy sedan, I personally would go with the biased.

Buy a used one of each, clean them up, paint the ww's, stand them up in place and compare them, before you dump a load of $$$ on something you won't like.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Well im sold on the radials even on my high boys... hi speed saftey ! Hey I dont brake the law every where i go but my rides need to bury the speedo and handle well also. The kzoo run in september all 3 days saw about 80 mph on the way out in the morning. I dont think id do that with bias plys. The coupe likes that speed too.
Dave :arrow:

C9

Radials in the 75, 80 and 85 section sizes look sorta bias-ply like.
Especially when the car is rolling.

Here's a couple pics of my 31 on 32 rails project.

Front:
165R/80-15
4 ½" tread width
25" tall
5" x 15" wheel

Rear:
P235/75R-15
6" tread width
28" tall
6" x 15" wheel

Nice part about these narrower radials is they're not too expensive.
Lotta times they're not a fast seller at tire shops and you can get a deal.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

C9

Here's a 3/4 view of the back that shows how narrow the rear tires are.

3" backspace on both front and rear wheels fwiw.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

HemiDeuce

Your tires look very close to bias ply's. What is the brand of the tires?
Hemideuce.