Ford dash

Started by papastoyss, October 07, 2006, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

I have a 47 Ford coupe that has TPI tech gauges , the quad gauge for volt, fuel, temp, oil is in the original clock hole on pass. side of dash & I can't read it while driving. I am not in love with the fugly dash anyway & am considering changing it & killing 2 birds w/1 stone. I know Direct & * make replacements but I am a cheapo &  am wondering if there is a stock dash I could make fit that would put both gauges in front of driver. Any suggestions?? THANKS
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

GPster

The AR Chevy trucks ('48-'53, maybe older and newer) had a Big round quad gauge set-up and a big round speedo next to it. I'm lazy and it's dark but I think they are about 5" around and are on either side of the steering column. GPster

enjenjo

Cut up what you have to make what you want. Fill it in so it's blank, and you can put the gauges where you want.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

paul5456

41 dash is direct replacement, no mods required..  Much nicer looking in my opinion.  I got one in my 48, but have digital gauges in the stock opening

Quote from: "papastoyss"I have a 47 Ford coupe that has TPI tech gauges , the quad gauge for volt, fuel, temp, oil is in the original clock hole on pass. side of dash & I can't read it while driving. I am not in love with the fugly dash anyway & am considering changing it & killing 2 birds w/1 stone. I know Direct & * make replacements but I am a cheapo &  am wondering if there is a stock dash I could make fit that would put both gauges in front of driver. Any suggestions?? THANKS