8.8 question

Started by tomslik, October 02, 2006, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Quote from: "2rods"Mosers and was street driven 6 or 7 months. Now it is pure race.

Thanks, according to their site:

QuoteThe original eliminator! Our improved c-clip eliminator kit eliminates the factory c-clip axle retention and provides a safety hub with sealed, press-on bearings. Now with an extra internal seal to help prevent leakage.

The ones I've looked at before didn't have an internal seal.  I'll have to do some looking again, but since I now have some 9 inch Fords, I'll probably just go that way.

c ya,

Sum

2rods

His has seals I believe. You wouldn't have a spare 9" tractionloc you would sell would you? Thanks.

Dave.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "2rods"His has seals I believe. You wouldn't have a spare 9" tractionloc you would sell would you? Thanks.

Dave.

All three of them are open, sorry.

Sum

Dirk35

I used a Lincoln 8.8 under my 35 PU. Factory Disc brakes, and no C-clip eliminator kit. Narrowed the housing 18 inches myself and had Moser shorten and re-spline the axles. No leaks, No Problems to report. My Tires are 34 X 18.5 and they spin just fine, so I figure I got at least 300 HP on them. I have the stock 3:27 gears and still spin them..................yeah, I know, I need to change that out terribly!  

I was stupid and didnt use the stock triangulated 4 line, but used a JEGS 4 link and a Panhard.

SKR8PN

A friend I race with has a 1995 Mudstang with an 8.8. We swapped out the 2.73(?) gears for a set of 3.73(?),added a mini-spool, installed a 4000 rpm convertor, and he runs a 125 hp shot of nitrous. Car runs 12:70's at just over 104 mph on sticky street tires. He has over 300 runs on this setup and not on problem with the rearend. Engine is completely and totally bone stock. :shock:  including mufflers and convertors :shock:  :shock:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

48builder

Quote from: "Dirk35"I used a Lincoln 8.8 under my 35 PU. Factory Disc brakes, and no C-clip eliminator kit. Narrowed the housing 18 inches myself and had Moser shorten and re-spline the axles. No leaks, No Problems to report. My Tires are 34 X 18.5 and they spin just fine, so I figure I got at least 300 HP on them. I have the stock 3:27 gears and still spin them..................yeah, I know, I need to change that out terribly!  

I was stupid and didnt use the stock triangulated 4 line, but used a JEGS 4 link and a Panhard.

Hey Dirk,

Do you know the widths of any of the Lincoln rears? I just got the springs ( I should say Spring since it is a mono-leaf) from a late model Caravan that I am going to put into my '39. I was thinking while I was at it to put in a disc brake rear. If I can find a Lincoln rear that is the same width as my Granada I'll do it.

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver