38 About ready

Started by Kctom, April 12, 2004, 03:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

Put the front sheet metal on this morning. Chipped the paint in a few spots, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Had K.C. Ron. my son, and one of his buds helping out on the install. Should be able to put it on the street this week if nothing goes wrong.

SKR8PN

Looking GOOD Tom!   But aren't you afraid those vise-grips are gonna slow ya down a wee little bit???
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

58 Yeoman

Looks good, Tom. Sure do like that color. :)
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Sean

Thats a fine looking Rod.

Dave

Quote from: "Kctom1"Put the front sheet metal on this morning. Chipped the paint in a few spots, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Had K.C. Ron. my son, and one of his buds helping out on the install. Should be able to put it on the street this week if nothing goes wrong.

Dont worry about the paint chips I did it on mine too. At least I didnt have fenders to deal with. Have you dropped a wrench and chipped it yet ? Ive done it 2 times but you cant see where I did it. I wonder why im too lazy to cover the frame while im working on it? I love that color ...
Dave :D

phat46

What a nice car!  I bet you cringed when you chipped that paint! I was upset just scratching up the matte black tractor paint i sprayed on my truck bed this weekend.

348tripower

Tom,
 That is looking really good. Washed my 37 yesterday and went for a ride.  Yes to street rods. :lol:
Don
Don Colliau

jaybee

Good lookin' car.  Are you going to get it north to the Des Moines Goodguys this year?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dirk35

Wow!!

Oh wait, was that out loud?

I mean, uhhhhh, (puts on most somber face possible)its ok I guess, theres a scratch there, and that doesnt work, and there seems to be some problems witht he rear tires. Tell ya what, Ill give ya Five Dollars to take it off your hands for ya.

Nah, really, I love those colors! Looks super! thanks for sharing.

Bob K

Tom, thats looking good, really like the color combo. very nice.

B :P  B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Very nice!  :shock:  I hope to see it in real life sometime :)

All you guys getting your new projects on the road are going to shame me into going thru the pickup again....or getting back to work on one of the projects that have been sitting way too long. :oops:
George

Kctom

Quote from: "jaybee"Good lookin' car.  Are you going to get it north to the Des Moines Goodguys this year?

Yes will be there, have made it the last 3 years and looking foreward to this year.
TOM

The car looks AWESOME! Sure wish I had that front clip for my 37!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

47wood

Cool color combo.  You've really stayed focused cause that great ride is coming along nicely.  Real encouragment to me and alot of other guys to get out to the garage and keep moving. :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

btrc

Ditto with everyone else.  I love the two tone combo. With any luck I'll be able to check it out in Des Moines too. My wife has a HS reunion that weekend and some days she wants to go to it and and somedays not.  We'll see.

Bob
Bob