Whew! That was close.........

Started by SKR8PN, April 12, 2004, 02:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

Man........I was afraid I was gonna hafta miss the RRT trailer build! OR, at the very LEAST,Make the run to Franks place with the goodies,make a drop and head back home,post haste......
WHAT would make me do such a silly thing you ask?
Only THE biggest,"MUST ATTEND" event in North Central Ohio!
Why, the  "Tiro Tavern Test!cle Festival"  What Else!!
I haven't missed this event in over 10 years,and I really didn't want to break that streak,and TODAY was the announcement! It is the 24th!
I'll be able to maintain my attendance record!

Your asking yourself "what in the WORLD is a "Test!cle Festival"???
Well boys and girls,Ladies and Gentleman,it is a once a year event,held in a small,one stop sign, farm town(Tiro),located 15 miles north of Mansfield. All year long,they save up these(sheep) delicacy's,and when they have enough saved,(usually near the end of April,SOMETIME)They spread the word,And this year,the party is being held on the 24th of APRIL! How are they prepared? A select crew of volunteers,sworn to secrecy,slave over hot fryer's for most of the day,They slice'em,bread'em with a top secret recipe,deepfry'em,and GIVE them away at the Tiro Tavern! FREE! All you can eat! It is THE event of the YEAR!
It is ALWAYS "Standing Room Only",and you MUST to get there early if you wish to partake of these sweet,delicate morsels,before they run out.

Now....I know what you probably thinking.....Fat boy here has lost his marbles......but..I'm telling you,if you have NEVER partaken of these devine crispy little tidbits......Oh my.....you just don't KNOW what your missing.....I'm drooling and slobering already........just the THOUGHT......
the ANTICIPATION!!!!!!
Lest you think I jest thee................
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

purplepickup

Jim, I know you've been told this before but......you're sick   I'm sure you're not alone here tho.  

Fortunately I've never been drunk enough to stick any of those in my mouth.  I did grow up in a farm town where the tavern had a Pig Test!cle Fry once a year and there was always a line waiting to get in on that Saturday night.  I never tried one but there sure were a lot of people that liked them.

It's too bad the festival is a week after the build.  You could have brought a sack along.  How the heck do you eat them things anyway?....chew 'em?......lick 'em?.....or just swallow 'em whole?.....  :shock:
George

Mikej

SKR8PN

Ahhhhhhh George........They taste JUST like Chicken. :lol: .......Just kidding!  Actually they have the texture of a fried mushroom,and taste about like chicken hearts. The pieces are about the size of a mushroom as well.  And you don't WANT to be drunk when you eat them......that'd dilute the flavor :lol:
And I admit,I am one sick puppy!!

phat rat

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Ahhhhhhh George........They taste JUST like Chicken. :lol: .......Just kidding!  Actually they have the texture of a fried mushroom,and taste about like chicken hearts. The pieces are about the size of a mushroom as well.  And you don't WANT to be drunk when you eat them......that'd dilute the flavor :lol:
And I admit,I am one sick puppy!!

SKR8PN I'm with you. Never had sheep before always beef, was going to try horse one time but the vet said that what he shot into them to numb things up you wouldn't want in your system so I didn't have the chance.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Sean

They eat all kinds around here. Pig, Calf, Sheep, and Turkey. Not me though...

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Sean"They eat all kinds around here. Pig, Calf, Sheep, and Turkey. Not me though...

You GOTTA try'em at least ONCE in your life Sean.
Heck even my WIFE likes to eat them......
That doesn't SOUND right,does it???????

Sean

I come from a family that eats just about anything. Snapping Turtle, Coon, Beaver(both kinds :wink: ), even the occasional 'possum. We butcher Hogs, Beef and Deer every Fall, make our own Country Hams and Sausage, etc. Grandpa still makes Scrapple out of Pig ears, feet, and snouts...

You would think that growing up in a family like that, I would eat all that crap too. Wrong....I don't eat anything thats not in the Beef/Pork/Chicken group, and I don't eat "Parts" either....

SKR8PN

Beaver(both kinds :wink: ) Glad to here that....... I never cared to much for the kind with four legs,just a bit to greasy for my tastes. Coon isn't to bad if it's cooked right. Possum :shock: I can live without. Now Beef tongue,on the other hand,is fantastic,ALMOST better than steak.Beef liver and chicken livers are a couple of our favorites as well..............Wife and I both enjoy Lamb,as a matter of fact I cooked a leg of Lamb on the rotisserie yesterday.But the Test!cles....... are simply ...........
Oh My Golly Good :lol:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "Sean"They eat all kinds around here. Pig, Calf, Sheep, and Turkey. Not me though...

You GOTTA try'em at least ONCE in your life Sean.
Heck even my WIFE likes to eat them......
That doesn't SOUND right,does it???????

I was hoping you wern't going to make Debbie eat them again  :cry:  poor girl!!!!!!! Maybe I'll kidnap her from Franks and save her from the following weekend  :roll: We had a conversation about that when we visited   :?

And FYI, that will no longer be the biggest event in OH after SAT!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

Debb

SKR8PN

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"I was hoping you wern't going to make Debbie eat them again  :cry:  poor girl!!!!!!! Maybe I'll kidnap her from Franks and save her from the following weekend  :roll: We had a conversation about that when we visited   :?
Debb
MAKE HER!!! SHE LOVES THEM.........
Ahhhhhh.you girls ALWAYS stick together :lol:

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"And FYI, that will no longer be the biggest event in OH after SAT!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

Why.......is Frank going to be serving them Saturday at HIS party????
Yummm Yummm!!!!!!!

tomslik

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"I was hoping you wern't going to make Debbie eat them again  :cry:  poor girl!!!!!!! Maybe I'll kidnap her from Franks and save her from the following weekend  :roll: We had a conversation about that when we visited   :?
Debb
MAKE HER!!! SHE LOVES THEM.........
Ahhhhhh.you girls ALWAYS stick together :lol:

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"And FYI, that will no longer be the biggest event in OH after SAT!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

Why.......is Frank going to be serving them Saturday at HIS party????
Yummm Yummm!!!!!!!

don't listen to those pu$$ies!!!!

lamb fries are the BEST followed by mtn oysters,never had pig but i didn't care for turkey...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Rayvyn

Your asking yourself "what in the WORLD is a "Test!cle Festival"???
Well boys and girls,Ladies and Gentleman,it is a once a year event,held in a small,one stop sign, farm town(Tiro),located 15 miles north of Mansfield. All year long,they save up these(sheep) delicacy's,and when they have enough saved,(usually near the end of April,SOMETIME)They spread the word,And this year,the party is being held on the 24th of APRIL! How are they prepared? A select crew of volunteers,sworn to secrecy,slave over hot fryer's for most of the day,They slice'em,bread'em with a top secret recipe,deepfry'em,and GIVE them away at the Tiro Tavern! FREE! All you can eat! It is THE event of the YEAR!
It is ALWAYS "Standing Room Only",and you MUST to get there early if you wish to partake of these sweet,delicate morsels,before they run out.

If you happen to drag Enjenjo along to this smorsgasbord, remind him that they have to be removed from the sheep before he starts chomping on them... :oops:  :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"If you happen to drag Enjenjo along to this smorsgasbord, remind him that they have to be removed from the sheep before he starts chomping on them... :oops:  :oops:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ok, LOL  :cry:  that did it for me, I'm staying home!!!!!  :shock:
Enjenjo, you better find someone else for roll pan, frenched stuff duty!!!!! LOL  :roll:

enjenjo

QuoteIf you happen to drag Enjenjo along to this smorsgasbord, remind him that they have to be removed from the sheep before he starts chomping on them...

So how else would you remove them? I suppose you are one of those wimps that use a knife. :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.