Problem with my daily

Started by enjenjo, September 24, 2006, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

The right rear window won't stay up. I partially disassembled the door, and it looks like it's cable driven. Broken cable? Any insight?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

rooster

Quote from: "enjenjo"The right rear window won't stay up. I partially disassembled the door, and it looks like it's cable driven. Broken cable? Any insight?

Sons 88 olds doing same thing d/s front helped him take it apart, but cant see much.  His didnt have a cable,but its not electric! His glass is no longer in the channel riser, that much we can see. What a PIA! We gray taped it up for now to keep the rain out.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "donsrods"What kind of car?

Don

2000 Pontiac Bonneville

rooster

Quote from: "enjenjo"The right rear window won't stay up. I partially disassembled the door, and it looks like it's cable driven. Broken cable? Any insight?

your not alone, there may be some info from one of these guys.
Car Complaints on 2000 bonnevilles

Crosley.In.AZ

cable or that plastic track ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

2000 Bonneville. It looks like it's cable operated. As much trouble I see on that car complaints link, it may just get a "fixed window" I don't think it has been down more that a couple times.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"2000 Bonneville. It looks like it's cable operated. As much trouble I see on that car complaints link, it may just get a "fixed window" I don't think it has been down more that a couple times.

I looked at a ford explorer that the window was up and wouldnt go down.. Same deal ..Cable junk.. Sell the POS and buy a model a.
Dave