Still may take the car apart

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 24, 2006, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I am thinking the parts in my dodge Lancer are worth more than selling the car as a whole.

I need to sell off some cars , period . I'll never get to them or have the cash to build them.

I can pull the engine / trans / 8 inch ford diff/ tires- wheels.  Front mustang II suspension / flaming river R&P.  Aluminum radiator and electric fan setup.

It has an aluminum drive shaft from Inland Empire.  I doubt that it would fit other cars... LOL

The car is rusty , even the back edge of the hood is rusty.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Have always thought that car was pretty nice with a great profile for a 4 door.

However I often wonder what guys in Arizona think of as rusty. Years ago one of the Chevy magazines did a how-to on replacing floor pans in an El Camino. What ever they saw wasn't evident in the pictures.

In Michigan we don't declare a car rusty until you can stick a foot through the floor and the rust is approaching the door handles.

As you say Tony, the parts may be worth more than the whole though. What have you been asking for the car? Looks like a good leave in Vegas ride for Enjenjo/

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

QuoteLooks like a good leave in Vegas ride for Enjenjo

he will never give me a price.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

$4,000.00
Tony

enjenjo

Fair price, but I'm going to pass. Too many projects to do. Any one else interested?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

$4,000.00

Have you listed it in any of the "trader" magazines in the west.  I would think for that price you could sell it.  Also that isn't rust on the car it is "patina" 8) .

It should get great mileage, especially with a 200 or 700R4 (I know you don't like them) and where else could you buy a car for 4000 that would probably be as dependable as that.

c ya,

Sum

Crosley.In.AZ

enjenjo was testing me to see if I would put a price on the Dodge.

One small problem is I have no tires and wheels to sell with the car.

I now use the regular  Torque thrust D wheels on the Falcon.  The polished Torque thrust wheels are for the Morris that is up on the frame fixture.

So , do i spend some cash on new wheels and tires just to sell a car?  or take the car apart and crush the shell? I am not sure here.  So I will do nothing.
:lol:
Tony

58 Yeoman

Seems a shame to crush the car, being that it's such good shape.  It would make a great daily driver.  I'm kind of stuck on the beater dodge minivans for mine.  Don't care if anyone nicks the sides, and sometimes I like to squeeze in those tight spots where someone takes two spaces.  It's also handy for picking up unusual stuff along the way.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

docchevy

I agree with the other guys Crosley.  Don't crush it, sell it!  The parts will go well enough.  Put the shell on e-pay with no reserve and the thing will sell!  Don't sweat the tires, tell the guy it's up to him to get it home.  I've sold two cars on e-pay and they both went to local guys.  They thought they got a deal!  You know what they say; there's no accounting for taste! :)
Remember; Physics explains everything!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "docchevy"You know what they say; there's no accounting for taste! :)

You said it Johnny!!!

after all, we bought Street Beasts :x

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "docchevy"You know what they say; there's no accounting for taste! :)

you guys are correct.  Look at the motley collection of  cars i have.  no body else would admit owning the crap I own.
Tony

GPster

I'd say strip it of what you could use for on the Morris and keep the body of it for a while. To me it looks like a start of a "Flats" car. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"I'd say strip it of what you could use for on the Morris and keep the body of it for a while. To me it looks like a start of a "Flats" car. GPster

welp , there is a thought.  
Tony

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "GPster"To me it looks like a start of a "Flats" car. GPster
welp , there is a thought.  
I'd have Sumner scan that picture and make reccomandations about where the center of gravity should be after he does a 5" photo chop. A unibody like that would be sturdy if you welded 3 of the doors closed and after you take that Mustang II crossmember out of it you could throw some type of strut suspension in. That body is more aerodynamic than a '30s,or '40s body. Maybe you could build a straight 8 Chrysler flathead nostolgia motor and run it through the firewall into the driver's compartment (you could use the back seat passenger's door and weld the other three closed). I tried looking at it as an "Altered Wheelbase" drag car but I think the Falcon has that track covered. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "GPster"I'd have Sumner scan that picture and make reccomandations about where the center of gravity should be after he does a 5" photo chop. A unibody like that would be sturdy if you welded 3 of the doors closed and after you take that Mustang II crossmember out of it you could throw some type of strut suspension in. That body is more aerodynamic than a '30s,or '40s body. Maybe you could build a straight 8 Chrysler flathead nostolgia motor and run it through the firewall into the driver's compartment (you could use the back seat passenger's door and weld the other three closed). I tried looking at it as an "Altered Wheelbase" drag car but I think the Falcon has that track covered. GPster

Joe...... you have been busy cyphering on this !

:shock:

I did not know Mopar built a straight 8 flat head  motor.

========= I got to thinkin ( be quiet tomslik)   there is a sorta fast orange Studie that runs on the salt  with a mustang II front suspension.  Why would I get rid of mine on the Dodge Lancer?

Tony