Step right up!!! Preselling Now!!!

Started by Slick 50, September 22, 2006, 08:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slick 50

Vicki saw this truck at Louisville, but they "wouldn't talk with her because she is a girl", so she walked away. She also saw it on the road yesterday.

What do you think for $55k?

http://www.southernmotorcompany.com/
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Dave

Quote from: "Slick 50"Vicki saw this truck at Louisville, but they "wouldn't talk with her because she is a girl", so she walked away. She also saw it on the road yesterday.

I guess its ok.
Dave

tomslik

i like it but as soon as they wouldn't talk to my wife, they blew a sale (not a seal) :oops:  :roll:  :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

(not a seal) :oops:  :roll:  :shock:[/quote]

Ha Ha i see your learning to CYA .. gotta watch out for bryan and vance..
Dave :-o  8)  :-o

58 Yeoman

For a little more than a new one from the big 3, or 4 or 5, you could have that one.  Would make a great daily driver, but who would want to drive it daily.  The fear of it being stolen, or hit would stop me.

Buy it to take to shows, you might as well buy a new Mustang, and take it.  You might have two trucks in the same show that are identical.  Wouldn't that be sweet?  Might as well wear the same shirt as your wife. :lol:

But, I do like it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

QuoteHa Ha i see your learning to CYA .. gotta watch out for bryan and vance..

as many people that've been up thewre lately, they'd just bounce around like a BB in a boxcar....

QuoteYou might have two trucks in the same show that are identical.

just like a 32 ford.....or camaro....or anything....anymore.
i's tough to be different :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "Slick 50"Vicki saw this truck at Louisville, but they "wouldn't talk with her because she is a girl", so she walked away. She also saw it on the road yesterday.

Well 10k down and picker up (no pun intnded) :lol:  in 2008..
That should give you enuff time to get a paper route and 3 jobs to buy one :?: Actually for what your getting its not a bad price. Hell I got over 35k in the coupe plus my time. Why dont you start scrounging parts now then when you take delivery you could put it back stock :!:  :idea:  I saw the post on the hamb and bobk is right something looks out of place but im leaning more towards the grille than the windshield but that needs work also.
My dime...................
Dave :wink:

donsrods

Quote from: Slick 50Vicki saw this truck at Louisville, but they "wouldn't talk with her because she is a girl", so she walked away.

It's amazing in this day and age this happens. Any salesperson who turns his back on any potential customer, regardless of sex, race, etc. is a moron.

Years ago when I was selling boats I sold a 37 foot sport fisherman to a lady, and she told me "do you know why I came back and bought the boat from you?  It's because you didn't treat me like a dumb female. You took the time to discuss things like the engines, instrumentation, etc. rather than blowing me off."  She went on to tell me the last saleman kept asking her if she wanted the "blue one or the red one.", and treated her like a child.

Turns out this woman flew her own plane, is a Doctor, and owns a resort in the Bahamas.  So much for being a dumb woman.

Don

WZ JUNK

Interesting truck.  For the $55,000, I will build you one.  You pick the color.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

My first impression was that there's a huge potential for a scam here.  Dude takes $10,000 from 1000 people, stashes the million bucks, and files bankruptcy.  Nobody gets a truck and he's livin' large on an island in the Carribean.  But I looked into it a little and the $10K goes into an escrow account and you can get it back anytime including whatever interest it has accrued. There's a story about Southern Motor Company on Edmunds website.

I couldn't afford one but I think the trucks are cool and I'd like to see the company make a go of it.  There's a lot of car people out there that have spent their lives in jobs where they didn't have time to learn much about mechanical things but they did spend their time making money.  Now they can afford to enjoy life.   That truck isn't so flashy that it's like buying a Z06, a Saleen, or a Boxter.  It's a truck that still looks like a truck.....but drives like a new car.

Making a car that meets all of the government standards, backing it with a 3 year warranty, and still make a profit is a pretty big bite to chew but if they can pull it off it will be a true American success story.  I kind of have my doubts tho.  I think the time is right but they'd sure better start paying attention to women customers.  Lot's of purse strings are held by them and they like trucks too.

You guys did see that they are planning to put Ford engines in them didn't ya? :0-0
George

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"(not a seal) :oops:  :roll:  :shock:

Ha Ha i see your learning to CYA .. gotta watch out for bryan and vance..
Dave :-o  8)  :-o[/quote]

And just what is that supposed to mean :?:  :?

I'm starting to get a complex :shock:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

It's not a complex Vance, you really are inferior :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"It's not a complex Vance, you really are inferior :shock:

Thanks Frank, I knew I could count on your support :P

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

nuttin inferior about the complex Vance has.  I've never seen a finer complex

:?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

nuttin inferior about the complex Vance has.  I've never seen a finer complex

:?

Tony. you are confusing complex and complexion. Not that either of those that Vance has is any good at all.