cheap gas

Started by phat46, September 19, 2006, 05:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two to many

Here in west central Wisconsin it just dropped to $2.49 .At least its going the right direction  :D

alchevy

$2.36 is the lowest I saw today in Vicksburg, MS. In Jackson, MS (an hour from here) it's $2.27
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

gasoline has come down.  Diesel is not dropping much

I paid 2.99 for ULSD type diesel the other day.

that is the new ultra low sulfur diesel fuel that is mandated for 2007....... IIRC  :shock:

last tank of fuel the Jetta did 39.8 mpg
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

32 Chevy

You guys gotta be kidding! Sheesh, Its' still 2.85 plus or minus a tad here in the Seattle area. And THEY told us that if drilling was allowed in the North Slope of Alaska we wouold benefit from it in the form of cheaper gas. Yeah, right! Umhumm.....

Bob Paulin

$2.35 - $2.40 in the Augusta, Maine area......a bit higher in Portland - the place with all the giant tanks on the harbor where the big oil tankers unload, and the tractor trailers load up to haul into places such as Augusta!  Go figure!

Gave a quick read to an article on MSN yesterday that claims gas could drop to $1.15/gallon by the end of next year.....if all the stars align correctly, that is.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

sirstude

2.89 here, we have been the highest in the nation almost all summer.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

2.14 this morning in jackson...............
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

paid 2.30 a gallon for regular this AM.
Tony

HotRodLadyCrusr

$2.11 for regular on my way home from work last nite in the metro Detroit area.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dusty

In Beaumont Texas yesterday two stations were running regular at $1.92.
Looks like in a week or two it will be back down to $1.23 Pergal
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

Do y'all think the American drivers  have cut back on fuel useage enough to cause the gasoline price to drop like  a rock?

We drive our diesel  Jetta ( 40 mpg) or the bike ( 36-38 mpg) when ever possible.

My 2006 truck was driven 5300 miles since I bought it in sept 2005
Tony

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "Crosley"Do y'all think the American drivers  have cut back on fuel useage enough to cause the gasoline price to drop like  a rock?

Not enough to have this kind of effect other than the usual post summer back down.  Looks like the comodities traders finally figured out that world supply isn't tenuous enough to keep gambling on continued increases.  They'll move onto another product and stir up that market for a while.

Up here we're still dealing with the Alaska pipeline shutdown plus higher cost transport for mandated ethanol (and shouldn't forget one of the greedier state governments) so are around $2.70.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

donsrods

Just last night I was going to fill up and glanced up at the price sign in front of the station as I removed the nozzle. It read $ 2.55 for regular, $ 2.65 for midgrade, and $ 2.75 for hi test. I said out loud "D***"  I was shocked to see it that low, so I filled up with hi test just to give the old LTD a treat,

It dropped a whole lot over the past week or so, and I hadn't noticed.

Don

phat46

Ours actually went up a little at several stations since i first posted this, but we still have at least one staion at $2.05; the rest range from $2.11 to $2.21. This morning i took my 86 year old neighbors '89 Caddy Eldo to get her bi-monthly tank of gas and the Amaco/BP Silver (midgrade) was $2.19. I'm hoping that my neighbor will remember me when she decides to quit driving her El Dorado, it's 17 years old with 45,000 miles, alway garaged and maintained at the dealership for everything!

Crosley.In.AZ

paid 2.28 this afternoon for regular.

I put the stuff in the Goldwing.  

Tony