oh I guess I'll just ask

Started by impalabuilder, September 11, 2006, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impalabuilder

Circumstances have kept me from a garage for far too long.  My house is currently up for sale, and I plan on moving into the old "2 car garage with a detached house" I can't afford much more than that.  Once that's all done, then I get to work on my dad's 56 Nomad, sister's 70 el camino, and finally my 64 Impala.  I'm sure these are all too new for you guys, but that's not what I'm sure I'll catch flak for...

I'm starting my research for another project.  Converting a 55 chevy handyman wagon to electric.

this is where you laugh, right?

You guys have a great record for pointing me in the right direction, so I was wondering if anyone can aid my research by suggesting motor/controller companies, suppliers, etc...google can only get me so far, you know?

Fat Cat

Quote from: "impalabuilder"I'm sure these are all too new for you guys, but that's not what I'm sure I'll catch flak for...

Welcom back,

Don't count on too much flak. I am the guy building a 1982 Mercury Lynx pro street. The members here are not snobby. We like all cars. Just have a preference to the older ones.

donsrods

There is a company here in Cape Coral Florida that is building electric boats.   They have it worked out pretty well, and their boats have good range and power. Recent developments in battery technology has made these sorts of projects more possible and much lighter than in the past.

Here is a link to them. www.rayeo.com

Good luck,

Don

EMSjunkie

no snickering or snide remarks here Bro, Welcome!

hope we can offer some helpful advice and info.
would love to see pix of your projects.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"electric?

got my ATTENTION....

They make books on electricity. that may help you understand better :lol:  :lol:
Dave :twisted:

tomslik

would it be something i can catch a buzz off of? :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "impalabuilder"Circumstances have kept me from a garage for far too long.  My house is currently up for sale, and I plan on moving into the old "2 car garage with a detached house" I can't afford much more than that.  Once that's all done, then I get to work on my dad's 56 Nomad, sister's 70 el camino, and finally my 64 Impala.  I'm sure these are all too new for you guys, but that's not what I'm sure I'll catch flak for...

I'm starting my research for another project.  Converting a 55 chevy handyman wagon to electric.

this is where you laugh, right?

You guys have a great record for pointing me in the right direction, so I was wondering if anyone can aid my research by suggesting motor/controller companies, suppliers, etc...google can only get me so far, you know?

Welcome back and that should be interesting. Im sure we will all want to follow along on your build. We take anything here. This is not the HAMB  :lol: We still got rules though :!: Or should I say they do im just taking up space here
Dave :!:

impalabuilder

Thanks for the encouragement, folks.  The wagon sounds like it's on the heavy side, but it's got plenty of room for batteries without sacrificing a lot of useable space.  Which basically allows it to break even.  The wind resistance is another factor, but I'll gladly sacrifice range just to look cool.  I'll start a thread when I get started.