Dash Plaques

Started by bluegras, September 11, 2006, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluegras

Hello how are you doing today?i am looking for any old dash plaques either from any old car shows,cruise nights,or rod runs.These would be used for a project that i am working and will not be given to anyone else.If you can help me i would appreciate it very much.

Have a great day  :lol:

Allen Culver
Streator,IL
allenculver528@hotmail.com

OK....I'll bite....Tell us a little about yourself first and then about your project.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "40"OK....I'll bite....Tell us a little about yourself first and then about your project.

Ya im with you........... Tell us. Ive got a wooden box that ive been saving my dash plaques since the 70's and ya know ive told my self a hundred times im gonna get rid of these but they all have an interesting story even if its just the story of going to the show and drinking beer 8)  8) . Ive tried to make a board to put em on but it just never works out. They come in all sizes and some are magnetic (that sucks with my glass car) and some are too big and some are too wierd :!:  Maybe we should have a contest some time for the most .  :?:  :?:  Then the nsra fools us at time and gives us hat pins! Ive got a few from the old detroit fairgrounds nats. (man i really had fun there) now its kzoo (got a bunch of them too).............
Tell us  :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave

bluegras

[My name is Allen Culver and i live in a town called Streator Illinois and i videotape car shows and cruise nights around here every weekend from March to October.What i do with the dash plaques is I use them on the videos that i make.I use them on front cover of the DVDs and VHS Tapes.Also on the video that i make the first thing you see on the videos is the dash plaque of that certain show or cruise night and then it transitions over video and i can add music to the videos if you like.And i enjoy collecting alot.any help would be very appreciated

Thanks ;-)

Allen Culver

Crosley.In.AZ

what do you pay for these plaques?

and the shipping?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

bluegras

i know at some shows that i film at that old dash plaques cost from 50 cents to a dollar.When i film a show or a cruise night i also ask the promoters for a dash plaque and i show them what i use them for.

Thanks

Allen Culver

58 Yeoman

Hey, I may have seen you at Streator?  One of the last car shows/cruises that I entered my Chevy in was Roamers cruise in 2003 in Streator.  Did you video that one?  I've got the window sticker, but I don't think they gave plaques, as I don't see one on the fridge.  Are you going to JCW on the 17th?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

bluegras

Hi Phil how are you doing today?You proably have seen me at the last three to four years of the cruise night and the car show in our town.I have shows from Roamer Cruise and show for the last three years.You heard of 3D Sound Company out of dixon Illinois.just this saturday i got in a car accident with my mothers car well i was driving to a cruise night over in peru at the eagles club and the road where i was on.well i stopped at a stop sign about to turn west  and the other guy in the pickup was about to enter the same road where i was turning off.He cut the turn too sharply and he the front end of my moms car and right now i have no way of getting to some of the area cruise nights.Also there will be a cruise night over in Lasalle at the subway at 6pm held by blood sweat and gears car club.right now has i am typing this i have no way ti get to JCWhitney on Sunday.

Talk to you later ;-)

Allen Culver

alchevy

A friend of mine put all of his dash plaques onto boards and displayed them the other day at a car show with his car. He has quite a few of them!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

58 Yeoman

I didn't make it to the cruise at Subway; got home too late after putting in some required OT.  I don't know if I'm going to make it to Whitney on Sunday either; seems to be too much to do lately.  It's usually a last minute decision that morning if I'm going or not.  I haven't had the Chevy out in a while though.  Maybe I'll see ya there.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil