anybody have a clue?

Started by awsum34, September 11, 2006, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awsum34

some of my friends and i are trying to figure out what this is.
year, make, or what ever
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Charlie Chops 1940

I believe that is a Helms bread truck. Not sure, but I think they were a southern Californis deal.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

BFS57

Hello;
Yes, Thats one of the Helms Bakery delivery trucks. They had hundreds of them and as a kid I could hardly wait till one went down my street so I could get a jelly donught from this bakery shop on wheels.
I don't know the Mfg. of these but  only saw them with Helms Bakery goodies inside.

Bruce

Not sure if it's the same but I have seen a couple very similar little trucks that were restored as milk trucks.As I recall they were called Divcos or something similar?They were before my time....I'm just a young whipper  :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Carnut

Dave

Quote from: "Carnut"Yes a Divco-Helms bakery truck,

A little Helms history

Divco History

Man you guys must be really old to remember that stuff.. The only jelly donughts i ever got came from the local bakery.. :wink:
Dave

awsum34

Thanks guys, i would have never known
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

Crosley.In.AZ

most of the time Fatcat does not have a clue.....  :lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I remember the Divco milk trucks coming door to door in the 50's, and the Omar man delivering bread and goodies; but his truck didn't look like either one in the pix.  My brother and his buddy were always working on his buddy's 40 Olds coupe, and the breadman would stop to watch.  My brother always bought a bag of those small powdered donuts.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"most of the time Fatcat does not have a clue.....  :lol:

This from the guy that can't see the crosley in the logo at the top of the page.  :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

This from the guy that can't see the crosley in the logo at the top of the page.  :wink:

Red truck with yellow flames on rad shell  show up on my screen
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"

try hitting your refresh button at the top a couple times, Tony.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carnut

alchevy

The truck in question has been up at Louisville for the last several years. I took some pictures of it years ago. Here's a closeup of the sticker that was on the window.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Crosley"

try hitting your refresh button at the top a couple times, Tony.

I've hit F5 about 112 times.

Fatcat is teasing me
Tony