What's going on here?

Started by enjenjo, September 10, 2006, 05:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "unklian"Racers are their own worst enemy.Always have been.

You see Jr Dragsters with huge enclosed airconditioned trailers,
6 spare motors,computers,and complete spare cars;
go kart,and Formula Ford racers with full time mechanics and huge shops;
local racers shipping motors by air as if they were a F1 team;
Carbon Fiber everywhere,everything painted in Team Colors
and everyone with matching Team Uniforms;
of course it costs a lot of money. :roll:

Why ?  
It's all driven by Ego,and people who think they can
buy their way into the big time series.

-------------
I saw a quote in Stock Car Magazine many years ago:
"Anyone with Chrome wheels on their trailer,
has no business complaining about the high cost of racing". :idea:

I think you have the answer here.  The problem is not that you have that stuff, or that you need that stuff, but you have to compere against that stuff. If a guy is willing to spend $200,000 to win a $200 to win race, you can't hardly compete.

Jim, Bob Bauder is building the Mansfield track, Norwalk will close next year, sold to a developer.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rrumbler

I quit racing in the late seventies, for several reasons, money and "brackets" being the two major ones, along with family and job responsibilities.  It just never seemed to set with me that you could be the fastest car down the track, cross the line first, and lose.  I guess I'm sort of a "heads up, run what yas' brung" sort of guy.  Win or lose, it was all good.  Not the same, anymore.  :?  :(
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Normspeed

The bracket thing never made any sense to me either.  Nothing worse than to see the brake lights go on down there before the finish line.  Just my 2 cents.

Quote from: "Rrumbler"I quit racing in the late seventies, for several reasons, money and "brackets" being the two major ones, along with family and job responsibilities.  It just never seemed to set with me that you could be the fastest car down the track, cross the line first, and lose.  I guess I'm sort of a "heads up, run what yas' brung" sort of guy.  Win or lose, it was all good.  Not the same, anymore.  :?  :(

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Jim, Bob Bauder is building the Mansfield track, Norwalk will close next year, sold to a developer.

Sorry big guy,but your not even close on that rumor :wink:
Bill Bader sold his shares in IHRA(he owned well over 1/2 of it) and Billy jr is doing the same thing. Norwalk WILL be an NHRA track next year.They (NHRA) are throwing 4 million dollars in IMPROVEMENTS into Norwalk before next season. That track will survive,trust me :wink:
IHRA is throwing a lot of the money down, to fund the new track here in Mansfield,along with Torco Fuels,with the rest being supplied by Mansfield Motorsports roundy round track owner,Michael Dzurilla............

I think if we see ANY track fold.......it will be Dragway 42.......deplorable track conditions and lower car counts every season........
Pacemakers will be my guess for the second one to go under........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

SKR8PN

Just for the heck of it............I gotta show you just how much bite the Norwalk facility has.....this was taken this past Saturday at the Chrysler Classic event.

3000lbs with driver and fuel.
Street tires
Mufflers.
9.482 @ 140.08 mph
Any questions?

SKR8PN

Sunday morning EARLY.........

same setup as before.............street tires thru the mufflers :D