flying in and need opinions

Started by river1, September 09, 2006, 01:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

OK so i got bumped from my first flight a couple of weeks ago :D

well that means i get a free flight to anywhere in the continental US. :!:  :!:  i have to use it by aug 23 07.

so i thinking of flying in to a car-show/rod-run.

i live in AZ so i'm thinking rule out the ones that are driving distance (SW US). i'm also leaning on east of the mississippi shows.

if you could go to any show in the US which one would you choose?

thanks jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

That's easy, Kalamazoo next weekend. I have a spare bed available, and the airport is only a mile or so from the show.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"That's easy, Kalamazoo next weekend. I have a spare bed available, and the airport is only a mile or so from the show.

well i need a little more time then that tho :roll:

good call tho

later jim

Grandadeo

Jim, How about the Cobo Hall Autorama.  I think its in January.  You'd get to see all those neat cars going for the Riddler Award.  And don't worry about the weather, its cold but its a dry cold.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat46

Quote from: "Grandadeo"And don't worry about the weather, its cold but its a dry cold.  

Lee

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: "it's cold but it's a dry cold...." I love that, may i use it?  
And by that time of the year it's not all that cold here anymore, usually well into the twenties.

papastoyss

NSRA Nats South, Knoxville, Tn.  !st weekend in May. Great show ,lots of vendors, good swap meet.Who could ask for more?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Jim, I'm going to have to agree, the Detroit Autorama would be an AWESOME choice.  First off, it gets over 700 cars under one roof.  The best and freshest in the country.  TONS of your RRT and HAMB buds attend every year.  I have a party on that Saturday nite so if you didn't see someone at the show or you didn't have the opportunity to have a conversation with them, then the Saturday nite get-together would be perfect for that.  ALSO, I have plenty of room for you to crash here....king-size bed in a king-size guest room.

PLUS there is lots of other sites to see and places to visit in not only the metro Detroit area but around the state as well.

My second choice, would be the LoneStar RoundUp in Austin TX the begining of April.  It's an AWESOME show, with nite-time cruzn and hanging out on Congress street that can't be beat.  Also, lots of BBQ, open houses and garage crawls on that Thursday and Friday and Sunday.  The TX hospitality just can't be beat.

My third choice, if it were me, would be the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Father's Day weekend.  It blows any other GG or NSRA show in the midwest right outta the water.....no comparsion.

Look in all my different Phobucket albums for the name of the shows I just mentioned and you'll get an idea of what those shows are about.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/MotorCityHotRodder/
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

donsrods

Turkey Run, Daytona Beach, Florida. Thanksgiving, runs Thursday thru Sunday.  About 5000 hot rods of all descriptions fill the Daytona Speedway, great swap meet (about 1/2 of the speedway), and the nights are the best as cars cruise all over Daytona, especially on A1A. Pull up a lawn chair and watch the fun.

Best of all, it is November in Florida, when most of the country is starting to get winter weather. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Here is a link:   www.turkeyrun.com

Don

Oh, and did I mention most of the women are dressed to get some of that Florida sun????

GPster

Quote from: "donsrods"Turkey Run, Daytona Beach, Florida. Thanksgiving, runs Thursday thru Sunday.  About 5000 hot rods of all descriptions fill the Daytona Speedway, great swap meet (about 1/2 of the speedway), and the nights are the best as cars cruise all over Daytona, especially on A1A. Pull up a lawn chair and watch the fun.

Best of all, it is November in Florida, when most of the country is starting to get winter weather. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Here is a link:   www.turkeyrun.com                                                       You'd also be within a small driving distance of Don Garlit's Museum. We went down for the first year off Biketoberfest and Daytona is a nice and cheaper to be in the fall. GPster

Don

Oh, and did I mention most of the women are dressed to get some of that Florida sun????

Glen

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

PLUS there is lots of other sites to see and places to visit in not only the metro Detroit area but around the state as well.

Im sorry, is there sarcasm in that line?  I chuckled when I read that.  :D

Fat Cat

Quote from: "donsrods"Best of all, it is November in Florida, when most of the country is starting to get winter weather.
Don

Um, Don you are aware of the fact that Jim is from Arizona aren't you. He doesn't experience winter anyway.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "donsrods"Best of all, it is November in Florida, when most of the country is starting to get winter weather.
Don

Um, Don you are aware of the fact that Jim is from Arizona aren't you. He doesn't experience winter anyway.

whada mean?

it was 70*F here at my house the morning ... dew had settled on everything.  sheeesh!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"INDY.  In June.

when is indy?

the weekend BEFORE fathers day?

later jim

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"INDY.  In June.

when is indy?

the weekend BEFORE fathers day?

later jim

I did a quick search on the net and nothing turned up.  It is usually the second full weekend in June.  Great show especially if it does not rain.  My favorite show to go to but we have had a lot of rain the last few years.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH